Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Seth Macfarlane autograph card question

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/954605353/m/5107069826

February 22, 2013, 04:03 PM
simpsonscardman
Seth Macfarlane autograph card question
I wondered if anyone can help?does anyone know just how rare and how much I would have to pay to get the inkworks Family Guy autograph card by him?been looking for ages and its impossible to find one!thanks for any help guys! Smile
February 22, 2013, 04:33 PM
clearblue
I've also been looking for this card. I'm willing to pay a relatively hefty sum for it too, yet nothing has shown up on ebay in a long long time.
February 22, 2013, 05:48 PM
simpsonscardman
quote:
Originally posted by clearblue:
I've also been looking for this card. I'm willing to pay a relatively hefty sum for it too, yet nothing has shown up on ebay in a long long time.

Are we talking $1000??just how rare are these things?
February 22, 2013, 05:49 PM
Chris Cline
Last time I saw one it was starting at $500 with a $700 buy out and it was gone three days later...

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/
February 22, 2013, 06:07 PM
Tommy C
Looking at that auctions site, they list a Brian Griffin card signed by him "through the mail," which seems to have sold for less than $150.
February 22, 2013, 06:09 PM
Chuck Bartowski
I think a couple of these get posted a year, but they are definitely rare.

I believe the Leaf guy offered MacFarlane $200 per auto for Leaf Family Guy seasons 3, 4, and 5, but was turned down...same with Seth Green and Mila Kunis.
February 22, 2013, 06:10 PM
Chuck Bartowski
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
Looking at that auctions site, they list a Brian Griffin card signed by him "through the mail," which seems to have sold for less than $150.

The Family Guy official auto sells for much more.
February 22, 2013, 07:32 PM
Raven
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Bartowski:
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:

The Family Guy official auto sells for much more.

"Through the mail" is a time honored phrase on eBay and with autograph sellers in general. It means the signature is authentic because we mailed it and we got it back. On the other hand it also assumes no responsibility if the autograph turns out to be a fake because hey, we got it through the mail, so don't blame us, we didn't say in person. Big Grin

And that is why there is nothing like a certified autograph card that you will have to pay plenty to own if it's from a big star. Wink