Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Quotable Deep Space Nine Sketch Cards

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/954605353/m/4827008016

October 07, 2011, 04:03 PM
simon1978
Quotable Deep Space Nine Sketch Cards
I've just received my first ever sketch card in the post... oh, so pretty... but I'm wondering about which other cards make up this set.

The voice in the back of my head, which I usually trust when it comes to cards, says to trust what's on wixiban.com, but I just want to be sure.

Wixiban has 4 different ones listed: Defiant, Runabout, Deep Space Nine and DS9 & Runabout.

However, Jeff Alender's checklist mentions a Cardassian ship. Does this one exist?
October 07, 2011, 05:54 PM
tangent
It's one of the few places that Jeff is wrong. He has:

David Day: Station over wormhole
David Day: Defiant emerging from wormhole
Dan Day: Cardassian ship
Dan Day: Defiant

It's actually:
Station / Wormhole (David Day)
Station / Runabout (David Day)
Defiant (Dan Day)
Runabout (Dan Day)

I think someone thought the Runabout was actually the Defiant and then interpreted the Defiant as a Cardassian ship. At one stage all four sketches were separately scanned and labelled on the Rittenhouse website and that's where I got my information from when I realised the inconsistency a couple of years ago. However, the general advertising is still there and show all four: here
October 07, 2011, 06:23 PM
simon1978
quote:
Originally posted by tangent:
the general advertising is still there and show all four: here

And that's the same as the scans on Wixiban.

The moral of our tale: trust Wixiban!

Thank you!
October 09, 2011, 08:01 AM
STCardGeek
Sketchcards are great, aren't they. I've been bummed RA hasn't done any Trek ones in awhile. It's ahrder with the trek liscense, they won't allow any variants or creativity. Stick to the one approved or else. Taks a smidge of the art out of it.