Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Sample Boxes

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/954605353/m/4657060026

May 11, 2012, 04:56 PM
Cobalt_Blue
Sample Boxes
Just a quick question, do sample boxes contain the advertised inserts?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I apologise if this question has been asked before.

Thanks.
May 11, 2012, 05:54 PM
John Tirohn
I've purchased them before and found they exceed the chase cards advertised. I've only gotten them from 1 manufacturer before so I can't say if there all like that.
May 11, 2012, 06:46 PM
wgf351
I recently opened a sample box of Marvel Heroes & Villians. It had everything except the sketch.

May 12, 2012, 07:48 PM
Raven
I've never heard of a sample box, maybe I missed something. I know about promos and the preview packs, plus the manufacturer send away offers, but I don't know how you get samples.
May 13, 2012, 01:44 AM
chesspieceface
Breygent has had some sample boxes as well, the White and Red Comic Con Dexter Season 1 factory set for sure. It's been awhile on that, but I think they were lacking one of the kinds of hits that could be found in the regular (numbered boxes), maybe the sketch card.

May 13, 2012, 03:14 AM
Cobalt_Blue
Thanks for all the responses, it's helped a lot.

wgf351 thanks for the post. The sample boxes in question are from Rittenhouse, so I think it's safe to assume Rittenhouse excludes Autos, Sketches and costume cards in sample boxes.

Raven sample boxes are like ordinary boxes, factory sealed, same box art except instead of a box number seal they have a Rittenhouse Archives Sample seal. I'm not sure how other manufacturers work, but that's how Rittenhouse work.

Thanks chesspeicefan you were most helpful.

It now looks like I'm going to have to to get a refund. I recently purchased two boxes from an Ebay seller who neglected to mention the boxes were sample boxes. In the image section and write up he made no reference to the items being samples instead of regular boxes. I contacted him about it and he insists that the major hits are still in there, but he's already lied once and I don't trust him.