This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/954605353/m/4477046186

April 05, 2016, 01:43 PM
Kryten67
Samuel L Jackson & Ben Affleck Autos on the bay

April 05, 2016, 05:46 PM
chesspieceface
Excellent!
Have ol' GUCD cut them up and make you a custom "Changing Lanes" booklet. Talk about a one of a kind!

April 05, 2016, 08:41 PM
Freddy
Wow. Excellent pulls. Congrats

April 06, 2016, 05:59 AM
mykdude
Poor Ben....cant play a super hero to save his life.

Great autograph though! Smile

Ouch...just noticed the edges on it.

April 06, 2016, 12:32 PM
Kryten67
These are not mine.....LOL.

I was worried about the authenticity til I saw who was selling.

It's a well known artist selling these....

I've seen a ton fakes of the Ben Affleck.

Never seen the Samuel L Jackson before.

April 06, 2016, 12:38 PM
Obi Wan Chrisobi
Every Affleck that I've seen, including the one I pulled from a box of Daredevil, has the same dinged up corners.

April 06, 2016, 02:09 PM
X
quote:
Originally posted by Obi Wan Chrisobi:
Every Affleck that I've seen, including the one I pulled from a box of Daredevil, has the same dinged up corners.

Wow that's really bad of they were coming out of packs in that condition - I just thought the one up for auction had led a not so sheltered life!
April 06, 2016, 03:49 PM
Raven
Sometimes certain card products are prone to specific problems. I haven't seen that DD autograph card in person, but if the same damage is present in all of them, it could be edge chipping or separation, rather than dings.

There have been a number of older sets that have so many problems that a graded 10 is impossible because none would be rated that high.
April 06, 2016, 04:57 PM
chesspieceface
As I recall, Matt and Ben put them in the spokes of their bicycles and "rode around town" for a while before Ben signed them.

But seriously, sometimes the people who sign them are a little rough with them. I believe Rittenhouse has solved that through the use of larger than normal cards that are then cut down to proper size once the signer has returned them. Rittenhouse did miscut the Oona Chaplin autographs from Game of Thrones, if I'm not mistaken, so it's not fool-proof, even then.
Keeping the cards in mint condition is one of the reasons for doing so given by those companies that do use stickers.

Breygent and Crypto (and Inkworks, way back when), being the other blessedly largely all on-card-auto companies, also seem to have figured it out. I don't remember ever getting a rough edged or dinged corner autograph from them.

April 06, 2016, 09:21 PM
cardaddict
My Affleck Daredevil autograph does NOT have dinged corners. I bought it from an unimpeachable dealer.

I guess I'm one of the few people who liked the DAREDEVIL movie. I've seen it two or three times and think it's excellent.

However, I despise the ELEKTRA movie. Go figure.