Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Avengers Additions (Strictly Ink) Question

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/954605353/m/4437038436

November 22, 2013, 10:50 AM
Tommy C
Avengers Additions (Strictly Ink) Question
I have seen a card for this old Strictly Ink set. Looks to be a title card, mostly red with the Avengers logo. On the top it says /2500 but no number is filled it. Seller calls it a "rare promo" and is asking $ 50 for it. Any idea what it really is ?
November 22, 2013, 11:43 AM
RTC
My understanding is that the Gold Foil Stamped Card was going to be issued with The Avengers Additions Trading Card Collection by Strictly Ink in 2006 as a Box Topper.

The "Additions" cards (not series 3) were eventually released in 2008 as a Limited Edition (50) set and had this card included with a hologram sticker over the "2500" number.
November 22, 2013, 11:50 AM
Tommy C
Thanks. I have never seen what the back of the card looks like, so I didn't know if it was a real promo or not. The only card I have for the set is the common PR1 promo.

So do only 50 of these exist ?

You can see one now, "you know where"....
November 22, 2013, 01:58 PM
RTC
If I could figure out how to add a picture here I would show both sides to this card Smile There were 50 cards that accompanied the 50 Avengers Archive Sets in 2008 and I believe these were hand written numbered over the hologram sticker. Some of the cards were given to dealers by Strictly Ink - and some were included in the Strictly Ink Year Sets. How many...? I suspect the one on "you know where" is a dealer gift or year set as it does not have a hologram sticker over the panel.
November 22, 2013, 06:39 PM
steve j
I have #4/50, I got it direct from the manufacturer.