Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Inkworks Autograph Card Contracts Hit The Market
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Inkworks Autograph Card Contracts Hit The Market
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I don't think it was Caplan. When the court/liquidators kicked him out of his office, he wouldn't have been able to take anything home. Someone at Razor or whoever ended up with a "box of papers" is selling it now unless Caplan had some stuff at home. You'd think he would've offered these documents through a friend already. Someone might've had the papers for a while not knowing what to do with them and maybe found out not long ago that money could be made to the right buyers. Maybe just offering them now because a job was lost so it's a good time to test the waters as Piko said.

quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I find it interesting that these should come to light in this manner after all this time. Who is the original seller who gave the contracts to this seller to process? Caplan? Or another insider? Or someone who was able to grab them in the liquidation?

As to the prices, as novelty items they are worth whatever a buyer thinks they are worth, and signers that have deceased like Drago, Kidder and Carradine are worth more. Bigger signers like Fishburne and Anderson have their own fan base that may want them.

But I should point out that for almost all of the names I see, their actual Inkworks autograph cards can be bought now for considerably less than the contract prices shown, so BINs would be reasonable to offer. These items would be bought for their uniqueness and not the signature value in most cases because many would be considered common autograph cards in today's market.

Posts: 4416 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post