Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    2023 SDCC Exclusives!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2023 SDCC Exclusives!
 Login/Join

posted
It looks like SDCC is bringing the big guns this year in terms of exclusive trading cards. Here's a running list of what has been announced so far.

2023 Super7 G.I. Joe Series 1

2023 Funko x Upper Deck Marvel Infinity Saga

2023 Hro Dawn of DC Event Collection

2023 Upper Deck World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King - Each pack has a complete 18-card base set and one parallel (either Northrend or Icecrown)

Some very interesting things this year! If anyone gets any more details, please post them below!

Posts: 275 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: June 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting. I see one person already complaining that if the G.I. Joe cards are available only at SDCC, a lot of people are going to be upset. It's a show exclusive among many that have gone before (maybe sell out), and like those, some cards will quickly appear online or later at shows.

I feel sorry for those who paid a lot of money upfront last year thinking they were going to see some celebrities and get some autographs, but because of the actors' strike, they won't see any.

Posts: 4400 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
There can still be some celebrities at SDCC, but all panels and promotional events for films or TV shows from the big studios are off limits for SAG-AFTRA members. The studios include Disney, Universal, Sony, Netflix, Amazon, Warner Brothers, and others in the AMPTP, which is the Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers.

There might be opportunities for some celebrities to make appearances for signings, or independent ventures, so long as they are not seen to be violating the strike rules or are not union members. However, it may be that many stars will stay away just because they don't want to be criticized by their peers.

Also the work stoppage restrictions are on domestic activities, so union members are still working on projects in other countries. For example, filming on the set of "House of the Dragon" is still continuing because its shooting in the UK now.

Posts: 10410 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
I never even considered the strike as it relates to SDCC. This should be an interesting line to walk, that's a lot of fans to upset.

Personally it has grown too big, I could never enjoy myself at one of these.

Posts: 4858 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cardsmiths will have preview packs of Killer Klowns from Outer Space and Dragon's Lair at SDCC and will also be offering a special convention edition product of Street Fighter at NSCC.

Posts: 275 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: June 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Nice cards.
Ugly, ugly shoes.

Posts: 3328 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aeolus14ummbra
posted Hide Post
Super7 offered their "exclusive SDCC" G.I. Joe trading cards online this past week. I jumped on these right at the opening bell to place an order and I believe they lasted less than 20 mins before selling out (and it's not like a few people cornered the market as they were limited to 2 boxes per customer) since I continued to log back on to check on availability as I was curious to see how long they would actually last.

Kind of pricey at $144.00/box, but at the same time I didn't have to travel to SDCC to get them (or buy them from a scalper on feeBay for $600 a box!) so there's that to consider. At any rate, they're beautiful, old-school style chipboard cards with assorted foil parallels and wax wrappers. Each box contains 24 packs with 6 cards/pack (thus, the box price works out to $1/card) and the box is supposed to contain at least one full 48 base set. Mine arrived late yesterday, so I've only opened a couple of packs so far. If you liked the old Hasbro set, you'll love these. I'll post something on Box Breakdowns as soon as I finish opening and sorting my cards.

Posts: 286 | Location: Dallas, TX USA | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post