Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    lots of old sets being redone.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

lots of old sets being redone.
 Login/Join

posted
There sure are a lot of card sets being redone. Mars Attacks? Wasnt there like reprints of reprints of the original set? I just came across 2 sets that were IDENTICAL except for the date of issue and card maker. That makes some people confused. I was trying to sort through the 2 sets thinking I could make one. Eek Im glad there is a new Dawn set coming out, shes very cool and pretty hot for a cartoon character. Please no more Batman sets.

Posts: 45 | Location: north carolina | Registered: September 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Add Star Trek, Star Wars redone, overdone...

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Tirohn:
Add Star Trek, Star Wars redone, overdone...
star trek and star wars overkill, in fact i think all of it is pretty much overdone. theres too many cards being made period, be it marvel sets, tv show sets, movie sets, reissues of original comic stuff, its just too damn many trees being cut down for bad art and mediocre subject matter. very few sets in the last 10 years were worth the paper they were printed on in my opinion. With a very few exceptions such as topps american pie, and some of the stuff done by artbox like CCF (that was a super fun set) so was the artbox terminator filmcardz set.
burning GPK cards for fun

Posts: 45 | Location: north carolina | Registered: September 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Well, the obvious reason there are so many sets is because collector's tastes are all different.

Calling most sets not worth the paper is a tad insulting to those that liked them. I mean, I'm not a Charmed fan so much, but there's lots that are and they are glad there were sets made.

Personally, I could care less about American Pie. But I'm glad Topps made a set you liked. That's why we have such a varied hobby.

If you want overdone, try sports sets where they release a dozen or more sets based on one sport.

And for the record, I too am glad the new Dawn set is coming out. Breygent's doing it right, and it's going to be a major problem finding all the funds I'll want to spend on it.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5083 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^Ed. I can only HOPE that people arent so serious about card sets sets that they get insulted at all over anyone calling them not worth the paper they are printed on. Roll Eyes