Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
What is This Star Wars Card ?

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/954605353/m/2887020286

April 26, 2016, 12:54 PM
David R
What is This Star Wars Card ?
I thought I pretty much had every Star Wars base and chase card by Topps (not counting autos/sketches) but today someone showed me this

When and where did this come out ?

Widevision card from one of the Topps sets released in the 2000s for Star Wars Clone Wars

Back says B1 Exclusive Topps Online Store Bonus Card

Front says Senator Farr's Decision

When did this come out ? Were there other Topps store cards ? Is this one hard to find ?
April 26, 2016, 03:55 PM
DewMan
That card was exclusively available in a binder that Topps sold on its site for the Clone Wars Season 1 Widevision card set sometime around the release of the set.

I bought one to get the card. The binder was cheap and generic with art printed on a separate sheet of stock slipped inside a clear flap on the front cover.
April 26, 2016, 04:25 PM
David R
Is this binder hard to find now ? I never knew it existed
April 26, 2016, 09:16 PM
Batman

Hard to say but a quick ebay search yielded no results - they didn't make a lot of these binders.

April 27, 2016, 10:33 AM
David R
Thanks for the scan. I was totally unaware of this one. Do you have a scan of the binder, by any chance ?

Now I wonder if there were other Topps On Line exclusives that I missed. I have the two recent 3-D Widevision sets for ROTJ and Episode II. I know that Topps has had on line exclusive Bonus cards on Wacky Packages and Garbage Pail Kids. But were there any other Star Wars on line exclusive cards thru Topps, like this B1 ?
April 27, 2016, 11:11 AM
RedFive
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
were there any other Star Wars on line exclusive cards thru Topps, like this B1 ?

Jedi Legacy had the Darth Vader Center card available by registering CC-1 through CC-12 on the Topps SW Facebook page.

SW Illustrated A New Hope had "The Mission: Destroy the Deathstar Card" available by registering MD-1 through MD-12 on the Topps SW Facebook page.
April 27, 2016, 04:47 PM
chesspieceface
There was a set of 9 cards featuring the animated segment (that introduced Boba Fett) from the otherwise infamous "Star Wars Holiday Special". Those were given one per order for a time to those ordering any item at Star Wars Shop. They were issued randomly, and were produced in varying quantity with the #1 card being the rarest.

There was a set of cards given with the purchase of mini-bust statues. The card was of the bust you bought, and was inside the box with it.

There was also a Star Wars Galaxy promo given only to Star Wars fan club members.

The was also a promo with the Star Wars Galaxy 5 binder.

May 04, 2016, 03:54 PM
David R
Finally saw the binder for the first time

It is white with some red stripes, and depicts the cartoon characters from the show

Wonder how many are out there ?
May 08, 2016, 12:39 PM
chesspieceface
There was an offer card for it in packs. The offer card was regular sized, not widevision, so it might have been from the standard-sized "Rise of the Bounty Hunters" set that came next.

It pictures the binder and bonus card and advertised it as a "kit" since you also got enough 6 pocket pages to hold the set of cards. The regular price was $19.95 but the coupon reduced it to $16.95 (plus shipping, which was a little more reasonable back then).

Even though I bought a case of the Clone Wars widevision cards, and have bought at least one of every other Star Wars binder offered by Topps in recent years, I didn't get one of those. Despite the admittedly scant evidence provided here, I feel confident in saying those binders probably didn't sell too well. And if they were made to order, there probably aren't too many out there.

May 09, 2016, 10:55 AM
David R
The one up for auction sold for $ 86

Am I allowed to post a link to the completed auction, so as to share the picture ?
May 10, 2016, 01:22 PM
chesspieceface
I'm sure you could.
I'll try to get a scan made of that offer card and post it, too. It shows the binder and the bonus card, plus cost and expiration date, which was 2010.

May 10, 2016, 02:23 PM
David R
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BINDER...2:g:QVsAAOSw9~RXJgg6
May 11, 2016, 01:59 AM
Scifi Cards
David,

Pictures are worth a thousand words...

I have that promo here in the binder.

I'll save it with your stuff. I'll be in touch as soon as I get out of jury duty this week.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

May 12, 2016, 09:35 AM
RedFive
Topps has just put three new binders up on their website. On-line exclusives. $19.99 each. They do not seem to contain any cards.