Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
THOR Movie Cards question

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/954605353/m/2337054126

June 19, 2012, 07:00 PM
cardaddict
THOR Movie Cards question
Jeff Allender's checklist has a THOR MOVIE CARD listed. Anyone know what this is?

Also, he does not list the Tom Hiddleston autograph as part of the THOR MOVIE set. Is this just an oversight?
June 19, 2012, 07:13 PM
Raj
It's a card set for the Thor movie.
The Tom Hiddleston auto was released in the Avengers movie card set.
June 19, 2012, 07:33 PM
robomole
I think both of these things are a simple mistake. I think the "Thor Movie Poster Card" and Base Card #1 Thor Movie Credits, are in fact the same card. One side has a picture of the Thor poster with MAY 2011 on the bottom, the reverse side has the films credits on it. Looks like whoever made the checklist got mixed up and counted them as 2 separate cards when it is just the 1.

Also, the Tom Hiddleston autograph card IS part of the THOR MOVIE set. So yes, that is just another oversight.
June 19, 2012, 08:24 PM
cardaddict
Aha! That explains it. Not that I'm doubting you, but are you sure the Hiddleston auto was in the AVENGERS ASSEMBLE set? That means I'll have to move it!!!!

And thanks for your help! As you can see I'm a bit behind on collating my cards. I also just started MARVEL BEGINNINGS 1 today! Have to catch up!
June 19, 2012, 08:32 PM
robomole
Raj is mistaken. The Tom Hiddleston auto IS from the THOR set, NOT the Avengers set.
June 19, 2012, 10:33 PM
riddickfan
quote:
Originally posted by robomole:
Raj is mistaken. The Tom Hiddleston auto IS from the THOR set, NOT the Avengers set.

I second that...... Smile

June 20, 2012, 04:12 AM
allender
The bottom line is that you shouldn't trust the sell sheets, but UD doesn't make our lives easier. robomole is correct in both cases.

The "Thor Movie Poster Card (1)" was listed on Upper Deck's set-composition list for both the Hobby and Retail boxes, together with a "Talent of Thor (9)" insert set. Upon release the press blog says clarified them as part of the base set, so I can stop looking for them too!

The Hiddleston auto may have been a late addition, and I didn't see it when the set first came out.

Thanks, all!
June 20, 2012, 05:35 AM
cardaddict
Thank the gods af Asgard I don't have to move my autograph card from one binder to another.

You guys really kick Asgard with your card knowledge.

Sorry, but I couldn't resist that awful pun/joke or whatever it was.