Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Prime Time Pruductions, Inc info?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Prime Time Pruductions, Inc info?
 Login/Join
 
Member
posted
Hi,

I was wondering if anybody has information about this company from years ago?

It is Prime Time Productions, Inc. They made the Speed Racer cards.

Thanks,
David

____________________
 
Posts: 328 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: February 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
bump

____________________
 
Posts: 328 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: February 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
That's a tough one. It might have been out of business by the mid-90's which was around time a lot of people were getting on the internet but some information that might have available online then has disappeared. You could try starting with whatever information is on a hobby box or VHS box. Someone here was able to track down a relative of a guy who owned an early 90's card company so it's possible.
 
Posts: 4434 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
That's a tough one. It might have been out of business by the mid-90's which was around time a lot of people were getting on the internet but some information that might have available online then has disappeared. You could try starting with whatever information is on a hobby box or VHS box. Someone here was able to track down a relative of a guy who owned an early 90's card company so it's possible.


Thanks for your answer. I tried a Craigslist posting in a city close to where prime time productions was to no avail. I also tried the business license department. Nothing.

I was hoping maybe somebody knows an old issue that would have the info under manufacturer or dealer.

That’s cool somebody else had luck tracking down a relative of an owner. I assume it’s not fpg? I mean fpg is back with indiegogo projects etc.

I’ll keep trying.

Thanks,
David

____________________
 
Posts: 328 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: February 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I think he may be talking about Tower Cards in Florida. They did the U.S. Stamps cards in 93 or 94. A collector found his nephew but he had no idea what happened to the cards. He said that when his uncle ran the company back then he was in his 70s so presumably he is no longer with us
 
Posts: 4726 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes, I was referring to Tower Cards.

I looked through my oldest back issues. I found an Advance Comics issue (April, 1992) but it doesn't list anything from Prime Time nor does it contain an ad for it. Somewhere, I have one of the early issues of Comic Book Collector from 1993. That might have something in it. I'll look for it.


quote:
Originally posted by David R:
I think he may be talking about Tower Cards in Florida. They did the U.S. Stamps cards in 93 or 94. A collector found his nephew but he had no idea what happened to the cards. He said that when his uncle ran the company back then he was in his 70s so presumably he is no longer with us
 
Posts: 4434 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your responses. At least I got a few other ideas to try.

Thanks,
David

____________________
 
Posts: 328 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: February 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
An internet search reveals a Prime Time Productions, Inc. formed in 1996, but it doesn't seem to be a company involved with trading cards
 
Posts: 4040 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
An internet search reveals a Prime Time Productions, Inc. formed in 1996, but it doesn't seem to be a company involved with trading cards


The cards came out in 1993, so it can't be this company. I saw this previously though.

Thanks for checking,
David

____________________
 
Posts: 328 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: February 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Hi,

I got Leavitt's response by email, but it's not here, so I guess he deleted it.

I was going to say that from the copyright on the back of the card, I would say Speed Racer Enterprises own the rights to everything Speed Racer (back in 1993 if not now) and Prime Time Productions did the cards. Honestly, I think there was another set from this company, but I can't remember. I might be confusing this with another company from back then, or it was only a promo and the set never came out?

David

____________________
 
Posts: 328 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: February 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I did a search of PCE and Speed Racer is the only set listed by Prime Time

They also did the 8 cards inserted in the Speed Racer VHS tapes
 
Posts: 4726 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post



  Powered by Social Strata  
 

Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Prime Time Pruductions, Inc info?

© Non-Sport Update 2013