Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
I hate binders!

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/954605353/m/1627012496

August 24, 2020, 05:14 PM
cardaddict
I hate binders!
Look at the bottom photo, the last binder on the shelf.

If by foreign you mean X-FILES CONTACT, yes. I think the first binder has the first 3 seasons and Contact in it, the cover and spine has wrinkled, and it is overloaded.

I sure wish I knew what caused the wrinkling though. Some near empty binders have done the same thing.
August 24, 2020, 05:23 PM
Raven
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
Look at the bottom photo, the last binder on the shelf.

Duh! I thought you were talking about the cards and, since its Olivia, I was starting to get worried. One of my slow witted days. Wink
August 25, 2020, 04:16 AM
Neilsy
You have to be very careful with ring binders, especially the inkworks ones as the ring can lay on the cards causing an indent in them over the very long term.
The rittenhouse binders are much better as they are half round half square so the pages sit much better in the binder.
With the full round rings especially the inkworks ones the cards can get trapped between the ring and the binder face causing the indent over the long term.

Seen the ring indents in Andromeda and Angel cards bought from others.
August 25, 2020, 09:07 AM
ifish73
quote:
Originally posted by Neilsy:
You have to be very careful with ring binders, especially the inkworks ones as the ring can lay on the cards causing an indent in them over the very long term.
The rittenhouse binders are much better as they are half round half square so the pages sit much better in the binder.
With the full round rings especially the inkworks ones the cards can get trapped between the ring and the binder face causing the indent over the long term.

Seen the ring indents in Andromeda and Angel cards bought from others.

`D' ring binders are the only kind you should use. Unfortunately some of the older binders just used the standard `O' ring. For a little added protection if I have an `O' ring binder I put one of those plastic protectors that you put on top of the first page. No idea what they are called but some of the better binders come with them.
August 25, 2020, 10:00 AM
JOHN LEVITT
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:

If by foreign you mean X-FILES CONTACT, yes.

No, apologies I meant foreign language as in Topps 1st series, see below:-

An English Version, a Spanish version and two Italian versions. Of the Spanish and Italian cards I collected them some years back. I don't have meany of the Italian variants though.

English
[IMG:left] [/IMG]

Spanish

Italian

Italian Variant - see bottom left hand corner

regards

John

August 25, 2020, 10:02 AM
cardaddict