Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Announcements    Who Will Be Member 1000?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who Will Be Member 1000?
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaveH:
quote:
Hey, I know I was dead wrong, so I'm not worried anymore

Lessa

Do you have some insider info, if you know your guess is wrong?

My guess was 30th June and it's nearing the end of July. Odds are DARN GOOD I was offbase. If I had inside information, I'm Harris would already have used that Twak icon on me a few dozen times...

Lessa
http://members.fortunecity.com/smithsonian/

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of starwolf1001
posted Hide Post
hummmmm......

and how do we know Harris hasn't miscounted and now has to recount again?

remember Harris 1 2 3 6 4 9 26 31 5....

just kidding Big Grin

"No Amount of therapy will ever make this moment ok."

Posts: 9361 | Location: grants, nm, usa | Registered: June 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
OK....Sheez, I can finally announce this. We do indeed have a winner, and his name is Phoenix. His real name is Carlos Gabeiras and he resides in the U.K. (it figures he would be in the U.K. considering the amount of new members we are getting from across the pond, doesn't it?). I have been in touch with Carlos and he has told me it was alright to "reveal" his name (I normally would not post a member's name but I wanted to in this case). If you know Carlos, give him a big pat on the back!

I have been wanted to post about this for the longest time but couldn't. A funny thing happened. As soon as I posted about the 1,000th member competition, new member sign-ups slowed to a snail's pace. I have no idea why other then people were waiting to see if they might be sign up at the right time or perhaps the Mark fiasco scared some away. Anyone have thoughts on that?

I'll be sending Carlos his prize in the next few days.

Carlos is actually our 1,007th member. There are 7 members who signed up who haven't completed the registration process for one reason or another. I will eventually be purging some, if not all, of those.

Carlos joined Card Talk on Tuesday, July 22. Carlos was the only person to join on Tuesday but I want some others to join in on the fun so I'll be sending smaller prizes to members who joined on Monday and Wednesday. Those members include jamjeffjet who joined on Monday and cdectc and schuhdog who joined on Wednesday. If you are one of those three people, please e-mail me your mailing address so I can send you your prize. That'll save me the trouble of tracking you down.

And wait, Monty, er....Harris has another prize to give away. And that's for our 1,000th member pool. That prize goes to Barbara C. She was the closest person to guess the day and time of when our 1,000th member joined. Barbara guessed 7/21 at 3:00 PM. So Barbara C, you get a prize too. If you could e-mail me your mailing address as well, that would be appriecated.

As for what the prizes are....I'll let our winners tell you for themselves. Let's just say that they can have some fun games of pack wars courtesy of Comic Images, Inkworks, and Rittenhouse Archives as well as some loot courtesy of the Card Talk community.

Visit Non-Sport Update at www.nonsportupdate.com

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to all!

Here are some balloons Big Grin

Lessa
http://members.fortunecity.com/smithsonian/

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xSaBx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
And that's for our 1,000th member pool. That prize goes to Barbara C.

Congratulations Barbara! Glad to see a woman scooped the pool!!!

Yeah, and I wonder how much it's gonna cost to ship all that stuff to the UK Big Grin

--
xSaBx :: Mistress of Stuff ::

'I swear I am completely unimpressed by clever answers'
REMEMBER: Take out the 'removemefirst' from my e-mail address to reply...

Posts: 5362 | Location: The South East, United Kingdom | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
By the way, just in case you need my address Barbara C, cdectc, jamjeffjet, or schuhdog, it is h_toser@nonsportupdate.com. I will try and reach you via e-mail as well in the meantime.

Harris

Visit Non-Sport Update at www.nonsportupdate.com

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BCW
posted Hide Post
My guess was gonna by July 22nd Wink, but I told Harris I wouldn't guess after figuring out exactly how to work out the current membership total! Go figure.

Anyway, congrats Barbara. enjoy your ill-gotten gains Smile

-----
"Who knows where thoughts come from? Sometimes, they just appear."

Buffy/Angel collector?
http://www.buffycards.co.uk

Posts: 1847 | Location: London, UK | Registered: August 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of starwolf1001
posted Hide Post
first congradulations to one and all Big Grin

second, <sigh> another one i didn't win <sigh>

"No Amount of therapy will ever make this moment ok."

Posts: 9361 | Location: grants, nm, usa | Registered: June 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of DaveSB
posted Hide Post
Congrats to all the winners

Dance

Dave

...The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong...

Posts: 2606 | Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia | Registered: January 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of The Mouseketeer
posted Hide Post
Finally!

Congratulations Barbara and Carlos! Elephant

(When you get your prizes, you must spill all the details. Big Grin)

"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." ~ Walt Disney

Posts: 2218 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of DisneyChick74
posted Hide Post
Congrats to the winners!! bout time!!

I thought we would NEVER get there! hehehe

And YES you must tell us all what you got as goodies so we can all drool and bee green with envy lol

WHAT??! Did everyone Eat their CRAZY flakes This morning? ~XANDER
~~~WILL WORK FOR CARDS~~~

Posts: 1055 | Location: Cinderellas Castle | Registered: July 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Barbara C
posted Hide Post
Thank you all. I was on vacation and happened to bring my laptop with me. I was totally surprised when reading this post. It's too bad I don't play the lottery. Wink

Posts: 3139 | Location: New Castle, DE USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Wendi
posted Hide Post
Congrats everyone!!!

Elephant Dance Elephant Dance Elephant Dance Elephant Dance

Posts: 2211 | Location: IL, USA | Registered: February 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
Congratters to one and all!
Now, Anyone care to guess when the 2000th Card Talker will join? Big Grin

Carlos, welcome to the growing UK contingent!
Au Res.,
Paul

Sometimes, one pack is not enough...
http://www.users.waitrose.com/~paulbines

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of RupT
posted Hide Post
Congratulation everyone...... now we can all breath a sigh of relief!!!! Phew....

Dance Elephant Sheep Dance Elephant Dance Elephant Sheep Dance Elephant Sheep Dance Elephant Sheep Dance

RupT

"The secondary gyrodyne relays in the propulsion field inter-matrix have depolarised."
"In English!"
"I'm just reading what it says here!"
-Emergency Medical Hologram II and the Doctor

Posts: 4234 | Location: London, UK | Registered: September 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Carlos and Barbara.

I should have picked the 22nd because that was my birthday, but I thought we would have hit 1,000 way before now!!!!!!

Again, congrats!!!!

Mike. Dance Elephant Dance Elephant

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of ghostrider666
posted Hide Post
So has Phoenix posted yet???

Posts: 1495 | Location: Hbg Pa USA | Registered: January 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Prezkot
posted Hide Post
H'lo, I represent Phoenix... the city...

And yes, Phoenix posted once in the Avengers Breakdown section at 5:07 EST

"Hey! No one ruins our family vacations except me!... and maybe the boy!"- Homer Simpson

http://hometown.aol.com/prezkott29/myhomepage/sale.html

Posts: 1320 | Location: Phoenix | Registered: June 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of phoenix
posted Hide Post
Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome. It's nice to become part of your little community. Thanks also to Harris for the e-mail telling me i was the 1000th member, a very pleasant surprise indeed. I will share with all details of the prize when it arrives.

Posts: 109 | Location: UK | Registered: July 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BCW
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the party, Phoenix. Smile

-----
"Who knows where thoughts come from? Sometimes, they just appear."

Buffy/Angel collector?
http://www.buffycards.co.uk

Posts: 1847 | Location: London, UK | Registered: August 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post