Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Chatter    Facebook Account Hacked. What Do I Do ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Facebook Account Hacked. What Do I Do ?
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
After many years of having Facebook, on May 21, I was surprised to wake up to see an email from an unknown person saying that they are holding my account hostage unless I pay $ 500.

I thought it was a joke, but then I discovered I was, in fact, locked out of my FB account. My relatives looked on my page and saw that someone had manipulated certain photos.

The person also tried getting into my Ebay and Paypal accounts, but I don't think he succeeded with those.

The problem is, there is NO ONE to call at FB to help me.

To compound the issue, when you click on the "reset password" function, it sends a reset link to two UNKNOWN email addresses in Missouri and South Carolina, not to me.

FB has also sent me by email and to my phone two different 8 digit codes, but when you try to reset the password using them, it says that they are invalid as a 6 digit code "sent to the FB app" (which I don't have) is required.

What do I do ??? As mentioned, I cannot access my account to change the password.

Posts: 4760 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
I have two suggestions:

1) contact local police and see if they have an internet crime division

2)google facebook contact info

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10462 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Not quite the same but i just had my laptop blow up and now i have a new one but have no way of accessing anything from my old accounts. As you say there is nobody to contact so i am having to start again with new accounts for everything.

I fear you have no choice but to do the same.

Posts: 29038 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I stayed away from FB, so I have no firsthand knowledge, but FB claims to have a page that can be accessed from any device appropriately called the "Hacked Accounts Page" at facebook.com/hacked. It says it will walk you through the reporting steps. Doesn't it work at all? There is no direct service phone number.

If you think eBay or Paypal may be compromised, change your passwords immediately. Same with any online banking, just in case. You might want to consider creating a new email account and retiring the old one too. Probably unnecessary, but you are dealing with thieves of unknown skills.

Posts: 10529 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
To make matters worse, he used FB to get into my Ebay account to purchase 5 large electronic items which were then shipped to Oregon. I did not pay for them, as the hacker used gift cards

He also called my Discover card pretending to be me, and to request a new card

I still can't get into Facebook because he replaced my cell phone and email with his, so when you do the Change Password request the codes go to HIM not me !!!

Posts: 4760 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
You should think about filing a police report, if you haven't done that already. You have more than a FB account hack going on, you have attempted identity theft. The gift cards are probably stolen. Contact the credit bureaus and get an alert put on to monitor your credit activity. Advise all your credit cards. Get on record with the authorities because someone needs to track his numbers back if they can. Good luck.

Posts: 10529 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Also, don't use one password for more than one website. The easier it is for you to get into more than one account, the easier it is for someone else.

Posts: 4565 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post