Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Trying to guage value on this promo

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/661605453/m/9967035216

November 07, 2011, 10:35 PM
ifish73
Trying to guage value on this promo
I won an uncut promo sheet at the Philly show. It is the 2011 SDCC promo cards from Art Hustle with Ron English art. There are two fronts: one is a little boy in a superman outfit and the other is a fat Ronald McDonald. There are 8 different backs forming a puzzle of The Terrible Two Year Old - Incredulous Boy (freaky little hulk child).

They said that there weren't any uncut sheets so this one is rare. I am not familiar with Art Hustle stuff and wanted to get an idea of trade/sale value if I part with it. I couldn't find any of these cards on ebay.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ifish73,
November 08, 2011, 06:47 PM
Ace of Hearts
I think this was available to purchase as well as the cards that make it up. Not part of the Art Hustle.
Ace
November 09, 2011, 03:24 PM
ifish73
quote:
Originally posted by Ace of Hearts:
I think this was available to purchase as well as the cards that make it up. Not part of the Art Hustle.
Ace

Shows you how much I know. Maybe they meant it wasn't available on the east coast?

If it isn't Art Hustle what is it from, Sidekick? I thought they were all the same, again my ignorance on this type of product.
November 09, 2011, 08:42 PM
Ace of Hearts
They were produced by 'Sidekick' & it was available at 'Toy Tokyo'.
I went to their very small booth but did not want to spend the money.
Ace

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ace of Hearts,
November 09, 2011, 10:31 PM
ifish73
quote:
Originally posted by Ace of Hearts:
They were produced by 'Sidekick' & it was available at 'Toy Tokyo'.
I went to their very small booth but did not want to spend the money.
Ace

Thank you for the information.
November 09, 2011, 10:35 PM
H_Toser
ifish~

I beleive I was told before we gave that away that these were NOT previously available in uncut form. I will see if I can confirm this one way or the other for you with SideKick since there seems to be some confusion here.

Here is a post I made on the blog about these cards leading up to SDCC.

SideKick Comic-Con International Trading Card Details

I'll post again if I can find out the info for you.

November 09, 2011, 10:54 PM
ifish73
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
ifish~

I beleive I was told before we gave that away that these were NOT previously available in uncut form. I will see if I can confirm this one way or the other for you with SideKick since there seems to be some confusion here.

Here is a post I made on the blog about these cards leading up to SDCC.

SideKick Comic-Con International Trading Card Details

I'll post again if I can find out the info for you.

Thanks Harris
November 11, 2011, 03:04 PM
H_Toser
ifish:

Tom at SideKick says the cards were exclusively sold at Toy Tokyo at Comic-Con. The plan was to sell them as single cards and as sets of 8 cards. 25 uncut sheets were given to Toy Tokyo, which they put for sale at their booth at Comic-Con. They may have still had some for sale at New York Comic Con as well. The uncut sheets are not numbered.

Hope that helps.

November 12, 2011, 08:19 AM
ifish73
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
ifish:

Tom at SideKick says the cards were exclusively sold at Toy Tokyo at Comic-Con. The plan was to sell them as single cards and as sets of 8 cards. 25 uncut sheets were given to Toy Tokyo, which they put for sale at their booth at Comic-Con. They may have still had some for sale at New York Comic Con as well. The uncut sheets are not numbered.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the additional information. I figure if I can find out what they were selling for at the Tokyo booth that would be a good starting point on value since I haven't seen any pop up on-line.
November 12, 2011, 08:19 AM
Amen Pitt
quote:
They may have still had some for sale at New York Comic

But how come I will know whether they have been sold or not??

November 12, 2011, 08:33 AM
ifish73
quote:
Originally posted by Amen Pitt:
quote:
They may have still had some for sale at New York Comic

But how come I will know whether they have been sold or not??

I don't understand your question.
November 12, 2011, 05:23 PM
ifish73
I added scans of the sheet. I will also be putting this in the trade section when I get a chance.
November 17, 2011, 05:11 PM
ifish73
I finally found something! The Toy Tokyo booth at SDCC was selling these sheets for $50. At least I now have an idea.