Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
MONSTERS UNIVERSITY PROMOS

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/661605453/m/5557096136

June 23, 2013, 10:41 PM
FRANK AMICO
MONSTERS UNIVERSITY PROMOS
In addition to another projectionist set there are also 2 different promo packs. Not sure how these were distributed but they were not given out here in NJ. If anyone has these I would love to know where they came from and if someone is willing to trade for them. HAVE A VERY LARGE LIST OF RARE STUFF FOR TRADE.

TOYS R US is also offereing a 3 card promo set of cards when you spend $25 or more on Monsters University toys. I went to look at them today. The flyer in their ad says cards but these are really 5 x 7 stickers.
Disney stores are also having special events where they are giving out Monsters U. Fraternity bumper stickers. The first event they gave out an ID card and a sticker sheet showing various monsters.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FRANK AMICO,
June 24, 2013, 03:27 PM
David R
There's someone on ebay asking $ 5,000 for the projectionist sets !!!!!
July 03, 2013, 05:15 PM
The Mouseketeer
There are two different promo packs? I've only seen one. Each pack has five different baseball-style cards and I believe there are 15 or 16 total cards in the set. Does anyone have more information about these?

July 04, 2013, 08:59 PM
FRANK AMICO
Someone was selling 4 different packs on e-bay. I contacted one seller and they said they got them at the premiere of the film. There was another seller with two packs and they called it a set and someone also had just one pack and was calling it a set. It all boils down to BUYER BEWARE-KNOWLEDGE IS POWER.

quote:
Originally posted by The Mouseketeer:
There are two different promo packs? I've only seen one. Each pack has five different baseball-style cards and I believe there are 15 or 16 total cards in the set. Does anyone have more information about these?

July 19, 2013, 10:09 AM
Herbie2222
I have seen 29 different cards at this point. I have 25 of them, and am still waiting for the others to show up in an auction. No one seems to know much about these cards, but based on the numbers on the back of the cards there could be as many as 67 cards, but I am beginning to wonder if they are making the "set" look larger that it actually is. The cards also only seem to be for the Monsters Inc "workers" and the other missing numbers could be where the cards for the other scare companies would have been. If you want me to post the cards that I have seen, just let me know.
July 19, 2013, 08:40 PM
cardaddict
I'd love to see pictures of these cards.
August 06, 2013, 02:57 PM
beamer
I too have 29 different cards so far. I have opened alot of packs. 6 different cards on the back. Lots of doubles. The rest of the packs I didn't open. I have alot of sealed packs.
August 06, 2013, 08:32 PM
Mister E.
What would it take to get 1 ??????

August 08, 2013, 06:43 AM
beamer
I have 30 singles available and I also have sealed packs too.