Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Grimm GTS promo (Breygent)

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/661605453/m/3907061916

April 18, 2012, 11:00 AM
Tommy C
Grimm GTS promo (Breygent)
Anyone going to the GTS Open House in Allentown, PA, on April 19 ? Breygent will have an exclusive Grimm promo there, different from the Philly one. See the post above re: the Philly promos.

Anyone live near Allentown ? Smile
April 18, 2012, 11:03 AM
hammer
If I known about it before I would have left UK on Wednesday Big Grin If anybody has a spare at the show on Saturday, throw one my way PLEASE
April 18, 2012, 11:06 AM
H_Toser
This may only be open to GTS customers, who would likely be sports card store owners, comic book store owners, and other retailers of trading cards. In other words, it would be for retailers.

Tom may come by and correct me if I'm wrong.

April 18, 2012, 11:16 AM
David R
Harris, isn't the comic book store that you run on the side a customer of GTS ? Smile
April 18, 2012, 04:23 PM
David R
Did a little detective work. I contacted GTS and they told me that the event was only open to retailers. However, they promised to email me a list of NJ retailers who were attending, and suggested that I contact them, to try to get the promo. We'll see what happens...
April 18, 2012, 10:23 PM
trianglecards
Hello David, Mike and all you promo collectors.

Have no fear, I will be in attendance at the GTS open house tomorrow.
So, I will have this promo card available at the Philly Non Sports card show this weekend. Please stop by my tables and inquire. Please come early as I have no idea how many i can pick up.
April 19, 2012, 03:45 PM
Artist
what is GTS stand for?
April 19, 2012, 03:57 PM
Scifi Cards
quote:
Originally posted by Artist:
what is GTS stand for?

That's what the company became when GAMUS and Talking Sports distributors merged. And to go back further GAMUS stood for Georgia Music way back when I started doing business with them 14 years ago.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

April 20, 2012, 08:04 AM
Tommy C
A friend of a friend attended the show, and he said there were actually THREE promos there: Grimm, Dead World, and Warlord of Mars

He said that 2 (not sure which) were numbered to 125 and that they were ALL very tough to get
April 20, 2012, 10:21 AM
Juelle Lou
Oh dear, that's not good to know. Shake Head

All I really want is the Grimm promo Smile
April 20, 2012, 01:51 PM
Tommy C
Supposedly all 3 promos have the GTS logo on the back.

Haven't seen any on the auction sites yet...
April 21, 2012, 03:32 AM
Tattoox
I didn't think of confirming the logo when I spoke with GTS yesterday, but it's true that they had those three promos Tommy.

Haven't seen any on Ebay yet, either.

I was hoping to have complete promo sets of Warlord of Mars and Grimm. This knocks the wind out of my sails. It's like, why bother even starting.

I don't usually buy TV/Movie sets, but when I do, I want most chase and all promos.

April 21, 2012, 04:49 AM
Juelle Lou
quote:
Originally posted by Tattoox:
This knocks the wind out of my sails. It's like, why bother even starting.

That's how I feel about collecting sets.
April 21, 2012, 07:28 AM
cardaddict
I agree with you guys about "knocks the wind out of my sails", and also knocking the wind out of the card sales. I was really interested in half a dozen of some recent sets, and even started collecting a couple of them, but then I found out some of the cards needed to complete them were so limited it would be almost impossible to find (or afford) them. So I just gave up on the two I started and never even tried collecting the others.
April 24, 2012, 05:22 PM
Tommy C
These are now up for auction "you know where"
April 24, 2012, 07:26 PM
Tattoox
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
These are now up for auction "you know where"

I know, and I use to stand a chance of winning them, lol.

April 24, 2012, 07:29 PM
Juelle Lou
Just great, US only, so I can't even try and bid on it Shake Head
April 25, 2012, 05:11 PM
David R
Juelle, I would look again...
April 25, 2012, 08:49 PM
Juelle Lou
Thanks David for the tip!!!

Just bought one, YAY Clap Big Grin
April 26, 2012, 07:13 AM
wolfie
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
A friend of a friend attended the show, and he said there were actually THREE promos there: Grimm, Dead World, and Warlord of Mars

He said that 2 (not sure which) were numbered to 125 and that they were ALL very tough to get

It seems the Deadworld and Warlord of Mars are numbered to 125. The Grimm promo is more.