This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/656602453/m/8017053395

December 03, 2010, 08:20 AM
AJJ
Final Issue of 2010 in Europe
No NSU or Sherlock cards yet.

December 03, 2010, 08:37 AM
JOHN LEVITT
And no NSU for me although I did receive some post from NSU that was posted after the memorabilia show.

December 03, 2010, 08:49 AM
H_Toser
FYI-- I have asked the printer to look into this and why it is taking so long for copies to reach the U.K. I will report back when I have news. We are very sorry for the delay.

December 03, 2010, 09:53 AM
hammer
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
FYI-- I have asked the printer to look into this and why it is taking so long for copies to reach the U.K. I will report back when I have news. We are very sorry for the delay.

Thanks Harris - Nothing here today
December 03, 2010, 02:21 PM
H_Toser
I've heard back from our overseas shipper via our printer and they are blaming the weather. In fact, this is part of what they sent me:
quote:
Adverse weather conditions are still affecting some parts of the UK today 30.11.10. Consequently delays in completing deliveries may be experienced.

Snow showers have spread from the northeast during the course of the night, giving some significant falls in northeast England, where 10 to 15 cm have fallen. The remainder of northern England, the east Midlands and eastern England have seen mainly light snow, with a few centimetres in places. Most areas of Scotland have seen no improvement in conditions and snow is now freezing due to low temperatures.

Deliveries in these areas will be attempted today weather permitting however deliveries may be limited and/or made later than normal.

We are currently collating the affected post code areas and will forward in due course.

I have argued that the weather was fine through a few days ago and that copies should have been there by then. We will be monitoring this thread and hope that copies are received by you all in the next couple of days. If not, though, we will revisit this with our printer and the shipper.

Again, I apologize for the delay. It's maddening to me as once the copies are delivered to the shipper and the Royal Mail, there seems to be so little we can do.

December 04, 2010, 08:31 AM
treksearcher
Another day without my NSU. Shake Head
December 04, 2010, 08:36 AM
Sci-FiPlanet
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
I've heard back from our overseas shipper via our printer and they are blaming the weather. In fact, this is part of what they sent me:
quote:
Adverse weather conditions are still affecting some parts of the UK today 30.11.10. Consequently delays in completing deliveries may be experienced.

Snow showers have spread from the northeast during the course of the night, giving some significant falls in northeast England, where 10 to 15 cm have fallen. The remainder of northern England, the east Midlands and eastern England have seen mainly light snow, with a few centimetres in places. Most areas of Scotland have seen no improvement in conditions and snow is now freezing due to low temperatures.

Deliveries in these areas will be attempted today weather permitting however deliveries may be limited and/or made later than normal.

We are currently collating the affected post code areas and will forward in due course.

I have argued that the weather was fine through a few days ago and that copies should have been there by then. We will be monitoring this thread and hope that copies are received by you all in the next couple of days. If not, though, we will revisit this with our printer and the shipper.

Again, I apologize for the delay. It's maddening to me as once the copies are delivered to the shipper and the Royal Mail, there seems to be so little we can do.

Tell me about it, we are in the North east as are a few of the others who post on the forum and the mail service is awful. We have had no mail of any kind for more than a week, and while we have posted all our orders no one has had them arrive yet. Apparently the British cant deal with a little snow. Sad really.

December 04, 2010, 10:32 AM
JOHN LEVITT
Today the snow has gone but not my worries about the arrival of NSU.

December 04, 2010, 03:44 PM
Mister E.
As long as your snowstorm isn't like our blizzard of '78. Eek

December 04, 2010, 09:19 PM
Mister E.
Me - me - me... As I renewed my subscription recently. Thumb Up

December 05, 2010, 05:47 AM
hammer
I think they are pulling a fast one harris, I have had a package from Ed Webb (sent after NSU) and 2 e-bay packages from USA in the last week. No NSU though.
December 05, 2010, 07:01 AM
wolfie
Harris i also have packages arriving from America, only taking about a week. I know it's not your fault but something seems to be amiss somewhere.

December 05, 2010, 07:21 AM
treksearcher
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
Harris i also have packages arriving from America, only taking about a week.

Does this mean Wolfie has been parting with his Wolfie Pounds?
December 05, 2010, 10:34 AM
wolfie
Thats a secret, but i wouldn't bet on it. Big Grin

December 06, 2010, 11:09 AM
hammer
Nothing today
December 06, 2010, 11:20 AM
treksearcher
I've heard reports of a White Bearded Man in Red Suit seen with copies of the New NSU!!!!!

Perhaps that's when the rest of us in the U.K. are going to receive them Eek
December 06, 2010, 01:25 PM
Mister E.
My mail-man did say that he was going on a vacation................ Maybe he is working in the UK ????? Metal

December 07, 2010, 03:58 AM
Graham
I've got a good feeling about todays post...
December 07, 2010, 07:12 AM
treksearcher
Still no copy today. Shake Head
December 07, 2010, 07:46 AM
wolfie
My copy is now for sale, collectors item, very rare in the UK. Big Grin