Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dec 2023/Jan 2024 NSU Out
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I did pick up this last issue of the year around the 18th of last month. There was a news article about Gary Gerani's book, "The Card King Chronicles: Vol. 1: The 70's." I had already bought the book by then (reading it now) but it deserves all the promotion it can get. I know many collectors aren't into reading about cards. They'd rather just get the cards, but for those who like the behind-the-scenes angle from someone who was there, this seems like a must-have for anyone who collects cards from the 60's and 70's. I'm thinking about starting a thread on books about cards here somewhere so I'll have more to say after I finish reading it.

I liked the Top 10 3D sets list. I also thought "Star Wars 3D" (Topps, 1996) was a fantastic set and am surprised it wasn't a huge seller for Topps. I actually like the Widevision treatment for a big movie like that and the 3D effect is great - no need for the glasses.

I liked the review of the various Christmas-related sets as well.

Posts: 4400 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post