Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Artist Advertising Forum    NIK's PIX: MARS ATTACKS UPRISING SKETCHES!
Page 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NIK's PIX: MARS ATTACKS UPRISING SKETCHES!
 Login/Join 
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NIK:

It's not Steed, it's Purdey Razz

[

How dare you? I thought you were a gentleman. Big Grin

Posts: 28484 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
quote:
Originally posted by NIK:

It's not Steed, it's Purdey Razz

[

How dare you? I thought you were a gentleman. Big Grin

Aren't you on Big Brother this year? Big Grin

Hobbit Battle of the 5 Armies, Star Wars Masterwork, Marvel Premier 2014, The Hobbit an Unexpected Journey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Mars Attacks Heritage, Marvel 70th Anniv', The Prisoner, Star Wars Galaxy 4, X-Men Archives, LOTR Masterpieces II, Vampirella, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Dr Who, Marilyn Monroe and CSI sketch card artist.

Posts: 516 | Location: London UK | Registered: November 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
Ending today in less than 5 hours!
My one of a kind Thanos painting on a blank cover variant comic.

On Ebay HERE

Hobbit Battle of the 5 Armies, Star Wars Masterwork, Marvel Premier 2014, The Hobbit an Unexpected Journey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Mars Attacks Heritage, Marvel 70th Anniv', The Prisoner, Star Wars Galaxy 4, X-Men Archives, LOTR Masterpieces II, Vampirella, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Dr Who, Marilyn Monroe and CSI sketch card artist.

Posts: 516 | Location: London UK | Registered: November 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Great sketches yet again Nik. I look forward to receiving them. Thumb Up

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
Thanks Treksearcher!
Posting the items today.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Wonderful Artist and a very nice artist in person Smile Smile
Still love the Vampirella ap's..... managed to get 2 of them and they still rock now Smile Smile Smile
I'm still convinved that Judge Dredd Sketch you sold to me from JD 30th is a base card and not a sketch, it's too good Smile Smile Smile

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
Thanks Kadran00157!
I really enjoyed doing those Vampi cards for Breygent.
I'm glad you like them.
Nik

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
Just a heads up to let you know I have a rare Legends & Lore large size (5" x 4") Artist's Proof AP card on auction at the moment. Ending Sunday, check it out HERE

Also, I did some sketch cards for The Art of Robert Aragon set coming out soon. Here they are, happy hunting!

Some of you may know I've been doing sketch cards since 2006 and have worked on dozens of sets since then. I have always signed my name as NIK, even way back to childhood drawings decades ago. I've noticed just recently another sketch card artist is signing his name as 'nik'. Someone told me his full name but I forget. I think he's new to sketch cards and didn't know there was already a 'NIK' fully established in the sketch card world. I don't feel it's my place to ask him to change his signature as he may have been signing his art as nik all his life just as I have. But I feel the need to let people know as already there are mix-ups on that auction site where sellers think he is me and are attributing my full Nick Neocleous name to cards done by him because they are signed nik. An example in case is this one:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2013...19f88b4#ht_178wt_747

This is not by me. So unless he does see this note and is kind enough to change his signature in the future then the way to tell us apart is that I don't do marker sketches, I fully paint with Acrylic paints (although as you can see, some of the Robert Aragon sketches are line drawings.) Also I sign my name with capital letters = NIK and I put a large circle over the i in my name. He signs with lower case letters = nik.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Great sketches NIK.

Your right, it is very confusing that other "Nik" and that the seller appears unaware of which "Nik" sketch they are selling.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
Thanks Treksearcher. The more sets the other 'nik' does the more confusing it will get.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The only artist on the list that could be the other Nik appears to be Nicole Virella. A quick look on eBay seems to confirm that as there are other sketches by her from Retro and Marvel Beginnings.

Posts: 1353 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Nice work on the Robert Aragon set Nik. I especially like the Rhedosaur from 'Beast From 20,000 Fathoms' Thumb Up

Posts: 1353 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
Hi Kevin, thanks. I enjoyed doing the Robert Aragon set, it gave me a chance to work on old monsters from the early days.

You're right, the other nik is Nicole Virella, I've found her details and just sent her an email to let her know about the confusion. Hope we can work something out regarding the NIK/nik signatures.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
Time to catch up with a few things I've been working on recently.
I still love doing sketch cards but try to keep to low numbers to maintain my sanity.

These are the 10 cards I did for the Blakes 7 card set.

These are my 15 sketch cards I did for the upcoming Wicker Man sketch card set.

I did 50 cards for 'The Man Who Fell To Earth' set and will show scans at a later date.

I'm eager to show my cards that I did last year for a major set that is still in the approval stage
although I think it's getting close to some announcements now.

Currently having great fun working on some large size Super-Hero cards and will show those
when they're finished and hopefully approved.

Happy collecting!
Nik

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Love the Wicker Man cards, Nik! Thumb Up

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 967 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
Thanks Debi! Had fun doing them. : )

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
Nearly forgot to post my Hobbit cards! Just 19 for pack insertion ( I had some rejected.)
And 4 return cards. I've seen 3 turn up so far on the auction website.

These are my 4 return cards. The Gollum at top right is still available. Get in touch if interested.
NIK Neocleous

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Nice Thumb Up

Posts: 11959 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
Glad you like 'em Hammer! Metal

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
I did 10 Quad size cards for the Marvel Premier 2014 set just released.
Here are scans of the fronts and backs.
Happy hunting! If anyone's interested in an AP card by me let me know, thanks.
I loved working on these larger size cards.