Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    April 2012 Philly Show Reports
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

April 2012 Philly Show Reports
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Here is a sampling of some promos that were interesting given out at the show, the Transformers was a surprise, the "Beauties of Vengance" was provided by Umbrella Trading Cards and was given out at the Card Talk meeting on Sunday morning, along with the Bettie Page metallic sub-set promo. There was a Walking Dead Comic promo, and an autographed version of the gorgeous Bettie Page promo puzzle that Veronica did!

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
That's an awesome Dr. Who sketch, Harris! Thumb Up

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Here are some pictures I took with my phone:

The Merchants Square Mall

The Philly Non-Sports Card Show

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post

Putting together the promo packs

Putting together the promo packs

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post

We gave away 500 packs of Yo Gabba Gabba! cards from Press Pass

Dealers got this awesome quad-signed Bench Warmer promo (exclusive to the Philly Non-Sports Card Show) as a thank you from Bench Warmer and The Philly Non-Sports Card Show

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post

The silly hat tradition continues. Here's a turkey hat that came from The Turkey Hat Store worn by Big Kitty and....

Batman

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post

Billy Mitchell and a blow-up of his Twin Galaxies trading card

Twin Galaxies had blow-ups made for all of the card celebrities that came to the The Philly Non-Sports Card Show for the debut of their trading cards to the hobby. You'll notice the NSU price guide cover on fourth or fifth one in.

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post

A trunk of Joe (and munchkins) for Philly Show dealers. NSU Price Guru Bill DeFranzo has started a new tradition of sponsoring Munchkins and Coffee for Philly Show dealers on Saturday morning.

At Red Robin, Kevin LePore showed off his Captain America pulls. There's some awesome ones here. The sketch is great.

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post

Billie Jo Powers #1 fan Big Grin

Tony Perna and George

...And hambone Biegel with George

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
George ain't no chicken !!!!!!! Chicken George was in Roots !!!!!!!!! (My name is George).

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was another great show, thanks Harris and everyone else that helped...see you in October...wait...I mean June!

Posts: 378 | Location: New Milford, CT | Registered: February 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Had a great weekend at the show. Spent almost $2000 on cards to bring back to my customers in MA and took in over 100,000 cards in trade. Made some nice trades with Laura, the Headless Horseman, Tommy Breyer, and many others. My son said I would have the high score on Tetris based on how I managed to get all the odd sized boxes into the truck with no gaps between the boxes. The ride home thru heavy rains was not very much fun. Saw one car that wasn't making it home that night as it was laying in the woods. My wife and son came down to help me watch the tables. It was their 1st time at Philly as dealers.

Dave

Posts: 507 | Location: MA | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Headless Horseman:
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
At the Kilt!! Photo courtesy of Hammer!

I notice Batman's hands but where are Hammer's???????????

Eek

But what are batmans hands doing? Rest asured my hands were very nicely placed Big Grin

Posts: 12158 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Also a VERY Big thank-you to all those that produced promo cards for the show especially Breygent who really pushed the boat out and Rittenhouse who had 4 excellent promo's Thumb Up

Posts: 12158 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Headless Horseman:
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
At the Kilt!! Photo courtesy of Hammer!

I notice Batman's hands but where are Hammer's???????????

Eek

If the look on the girl on the right of the picture (Hammer's left) is anything to go by... Wink
Au Res.,
Paul

http://www.cardcast.co.uk/
Twitter: @ukcardcast

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post

Starting to Gather for the Card Talk Meeting on Sunday

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post

Cryptozoic's 2 Tables

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post

Rittenhouse

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post

2 other Brits having a chat

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post

The Host Hotel - Allentowns own Hilton Gardens