Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Comic-Con 2011 News
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Comic-Con 2011 News
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted
Yeah, yeah....I know, there are already multiple Comic-Con threads but none of them seemed appropriate (one is for who's going; another with older news, mostly about CCI's ticket sales) so I thought I'd start a new one for things we heard about happening at Comic-Con.

I just saw on Entertainment Weekly that Sarah Michelle Gellar will be at Comic-Con this year to promote her new show on The CW called "Ringer". According to the story, she'll be there with co-stars Nestor Carbonell, Ioan Gruffudd, Kristoffer Polaha, and the show’s creative team. Below is a link to EW's story:

Entertainment Weekly Story

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of SciFiMom
posted Hide Post
Woohoo! Elephant So excited to have SMG back on television and super excited that I'll be at Comic-Con the year of her return.

Posts: 3953 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: March 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Best of luck trying to get into the panel, I see this probably being a Hall H disaster. Never been in Hall H, and probably never will, I'm too old for this tomfoolery!! People camp out overnight to get in line for these panels, just be prepared for this. Enjoy yourself, at any rate! Smile

Posts: 5790 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
I just read on the unofficial Comic Con blog that the Ringer panel will be on Thursday in ballroom 20. I always attend at least one panel every year, and maybe this will be it depending on the crowd to get in.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
BBC America is reporting (via Twitter) that Doctor Who's Matt Smith and Karen Gillan will make their first appearance at Comic-Con International this year on Sunday, July 24th. That will be nuts! Eek

BBC America will also be promoting Bedlem pretty hard. Lead actor Theo James (Downton Abbey) and show creator David Allison will host a Friday, July 22 screening of the Bedlam premiere followed by a discussion and Q&A. They will also do a signing at BBC America’s booth.

Below is their Comic-Con International schedule of events and activities.

BBC America Announces Comic-Con Schedule: Matt Smith, Karen Gillan Set to Appear

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Wax Eye has posted (via Twitter) this morning that Mark's Non-Sports Cards (Booth #5616) will be giving away Cereal Killers promos and will be selling Cereal Killers Trading Cards.

Cereal Killers Available at San Diego Comic Con 2011 Booth #5616

posted Hide Post
I see ArtBox has a booth again this year. Has anyone heard what's in the grab bags? Has potential to be good with the end of the Potter run.

Posts: 146 | Location: San Diego | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Artbox is there is make money, so I'm sure they will have another "bag" this year, I doubt we will know anything until we actually are at the show. Still looking for any RA promos to be announced. It's getting close!

Posts: 5790 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Hi All:

Here is a link to Rittenhouse Archives' promo announcement for Comic Con International. Please wear comfortable shoes. Big Grin

Rittenhouse Archives Announces 11 Exclusive Promos for Comic-Con International

And here's the original Rittenhouse Archive website link:

Rittenhouse Archives: Comic-Con International: San Diego

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post
A really nice group of cards. Thumb Up

Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
Have no idea how I'm going to get my non-card collecting friend to hit 9 booths. Especially when most if not all dealer require a purchase before they give out a card. At least that's what I've heard over the past few years on the RA cards.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I do not require a purchase - I am happy to provide each card just for your stopping by the table - I will have card P3

Posts: 198 | Location: United States | Registered: December 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I should have added Marvel card P3

Posts: 198 | Location: United States | Registered: December 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
Sherlock2, you're not the problem booth lol. Most of the card dealers at sdcc are really friendly and helpful.

But the Marvel booth promo will be a challenge

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tattoox:
Especially when most if not all dealer require a purchase before they give out a card. At least that's what I've heard over the past few years on the RA cards.

I am not sure you are correct on this. As Sherlock2 said above, they do not require one.

I did not get to go to Comic-Con last year so I don't know how things worked then but in previous years, there was only one dealer who sometimes required a purchase. All of the rest were happy to give out promos free of charge. It helps brings collectors to their table and if they end up getting a couple of extra sales from it, all the better!

Anyway, I only post this as I don't like when erroneous information is spread. If you hear otherwise, please post.

I think it's cool that Rittenhouse is doing this. It'll be fun (imo) for those going to collect all the promos. You end up walking the circuit over and over again anyway, so why not pick up a couple of promos along the way. Smile

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
You're absolutely correct.

I do know one dealer is asking $5, which is no big deal. The $20 is just what I have heard about past shows.

And yes, this is great that RA is doing this. It will be great fun for all the card collectors that are attending.

It just leaves the ones that can't make it searching and begging for them.

I have a couple of local customers/friends that would like a set too. So it's very frustrating for us that can't make it.

And I don't like the fact a free card is often flipped for such high prices on ebay right out the gate.

Thanks for mentioning Sherlock2. I overlooked that post. Do you know which booth is his?

I hope your info is right Harris. I'll contact the other 7 dealers and share what I find out.

I do have one friend that's going, willing to walk the circuit, if I'm willing to pay the price.

A few packs of Star Wars Galaxy would hurt.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
LOL, I guess I better read all of this a little closer. Process of elimination Sherlock2 is Wee Bee Cards. Thanks Sherlock2!

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
I'm a little confused when I think back on other RA promos from the last year or two; and what one dealer said.

Is there going to be a different card each day?

Will all dealers have the Marvel cards on a particular day?

I ask, because my friend will only be at SDCC for two days. Might not be worth all the research if he's not going to score any.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
I'm working too many hours at my day job, and my comprehension is almost gone. Guess I only need to know which day is for the Marvel cards. THANKS!

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Tattoox:

You might go back and read the posts again. Rittenhouse did not say different cards would be given out on different days. Also, you asked "which booth is his?" The posts tell you where you can get each card including their booth numbers. And Wee Bee is a her Smile

Maybe you can print out the list for your friend or point him/her to either of the posts. Here are the link again:

Rittenhouse Archives Announces 11 Exclusive Promos for Comic-Con International

Rittenhouse Archives: Comic-Con International: San Diego