Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    October 2011 NSU Card Talk Member Gathering
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

October 2011 NSU Card Talk Member Gathering
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted
Hi All:

Here are some details on the Card Talk member gathering that will take place at the upcoming Philly Non-Sports Card Show.

Once again, this show's NSU Card Talk Member Gathering is being sponsored by Cryptozoic Entertainment and will be held at the Hilton Garden Inn (1787-B Airport Rd, Allentown, PA 18109), our host Hotel, in the Lehigh Valley Room.

This time, we will have a Manufacturer Q&A Panel featuring some of the exhibiting manufacturers from the show (exhibiting manufacturerers at the show include: Breygent Marketing, Cryptozoic Entertainment, Famous Fabrics, Rittenhouse Archives, SideKick, and The Topps Vault). We'll kick things off with a few questions for the manufacturers and then open up the panel to questions from those attending the event.

Cryptozoic Entertainment is sponsoring the event. A representatives from Cryptozoic will be on-hand and will be able to answer your questions about their upcoming card series such The Walking Dead, The Guild, and more.

We will have a few prizes on-hand to award at the close of the meeting. All registered Card Talk members (registered as of September 1, 2011) will be eligable to win any prizes we have. As usual, to make things fair, once we give away a prize to one family member, husband/wife, etc. that will take that group out of the running for any other prizes.

The gathering will start at 8:15 on Sunday, October 23 and will last approximately one hour. Light refreshments will be served including coffee, donuts, and bagels.

We invite all Card Talk members (and their guests) attending the show to come to the gathering. Space will be limited and there is no cost to sign up.

HOW TO SIGN-UP
Please only sign-up if you can make it, as we hate to turn anyone away and then have empty seats. We're using the EventBrite system once again to facilitate sign-up:

NSU Card Talk October 2011 Event

When signing up, be sure to supply your "real" name and forum ID for each person you are RSVP'ing for (guests are welcome too - please be sure to supply guests full name for the name badges). The deadline to sign up is Wednesday, October 12, or while space permits. If anyone has any trouble with the sign-up process, please let me know.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Signed up! Thumb Up

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I just signed up. Clap

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
It is almost impossible for me to express how happy I am to type the following...
I just signed up!
Au Res.,
Paul

http://www.cardcast.co.uk/
Twitter: @ukcardcast

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Smile Metal
I am there!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 17 | Location: philadelphia, pa | Registered: September 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Harris or any CT member that will be present:
Please ask the panel...
Whether they expect to replace boxes with premium packs?

Posts: 4230 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Quaint1:
It is almost impossible for me to express how happy I am to type the following...
I just signed up!
Au Res.,
Paul
Are you sure you aren't already booked as a surprise guest on the Panel ? Big Grin

Posts: 1530 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xtime:
Harris or any CT member that will be present:
Please ask the panel...
Whether they expect to replace boxes with premium packs?

Hey, I thought you were coming? Didn't you for hotel info and other stuff??

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Still working on it, but admittedly things have not fallen into place yet. Mad

Consider the request Plan B just in case I do not make it. You know my opinion about premium packs. Twak

Still...Hope springs eternal. Angel

Posts: 4230 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
All signed up. Now if all the planets line up, we will be there!

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm in too! See you all there!
You too Xtime.

Posts: 955 | Location: HICKORY HILLS IL | Registered: April 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Signed up

Posts: 2604 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
It looks like we are going to have a packed house this time. We've had more sign-ups today (and by far) then I ever remember getting on the first day. 31 of the 60 available "tickets" have been "sold". So if anyone out there is on the fence about coming, I'd say you might want to commit now.

Thanks everyone.

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Harris! Thumb Up

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Harris...I'll see you then! Thumb Up

Posts: 378 | Location: New Milford, CT | Registered: February 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
I'm so jealous of you lucky guys that get to go Smile

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
If I can get my son up we will make it. Need to leave my house before 7 to get there by 8:15.

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin F:
Are you sure you aren't already booked as a surprise guest on the Panel ? Big Grin

Well, if I am, it's a surprise even to me!
Au Res.,
Paul

http://www.cardcast.co.uk/
Twitter: @ukcardcast

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'll be there ,
( Thanks Again Harris for helping me get registered )
Kevin

Posts: 1176 | Location: Rochester , NY , USA | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
I shall miss not being there this time Frown

Posts: 12158 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post