Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Philly Non-Sports Card Show - Oct 15 & 16, 2022
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Philly Non-Sports Card Show - Oct 15 & 16, 2022
 Login/Join
 
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted
The Philly Non-Sports Card show is less than two weeks away! The show will be held on October 15 & 16 at the Greater Philadelphia Expo Center in Oaks, PA. (Hall E).

Philly Show artist Ted Dastick Jr. will have this very cool "Mr. Sketch Cards" promo card to give away from his table while supplies last. A limited edition (numbered to 25) metal version will also be available for sale.

More show details at: phillynon-sportscardshow.com

See you at the show.

 
Posts: 13005 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yay!
 
Posts: 1578 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
P74



Available both days at the Philly Show, October 15 and 16. SciFi Cards will be in the back of the room, 2 tables with a great selection of cards and boxes.

Ed

____________________
Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

 
Posts: 5101 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
By the way, if you want to see all the promos we'll have at the show, dinner, from artists, etc., please see the show's website at phillynon-sportscardshow.com. There's a slider mid-way down the page with the promo cards shown. There's at least one or two more to be announced.

Thanks.
 
Posts: 13005 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Anyone know if there are plans for a Pizza Uno gathering Saturday night?

I think we're all a little caught off guard that it's already Philly Show time. I know I'm woefully unprepared.

Ed

____________________
Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

 
Posts: 5101 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
Will there be a list of exhibitors going up soon?
 
Posts: 829 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
I’ll be there! I hope you stop by and say Hi!

____________________
Anne Welles - "You've got to climb Mount Everest to reach the Valley of the Dolls."

 
Posts: 3220 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
Anyone know if there are plans for a Pizza Uno gathering Saturday night?

I think we're all a little caught off guard that it's already Philly Show time. I know I'm woefully unprepared.

Ed


Me too. I have a lot of work to do this week.

____________________
Anne Welles - "You've got to climb Mount Everest to reach the Valley of the Dolls."

 
Posts: 3220 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane:
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
Anyone know if there are plans for a Pizza Uno gathering Saturday night?

I think we're all a little caught off guard that it's already Philly Show time. I know I'm woefully unprepared.

Ed


Me too. I have a lot of work to do this week.


You're lucky you're close. I have to leave Monday, ready or not.

Ed

____________________
Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

 
Posts: 5101 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ifish73:
Will there be a list of exhibitors going up soon?


It is up now:

Philly Non-Sports Card Show Exhibitor List - Fall 2022
 
Posts: 13005 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
quote:
Originally posted by ifish73:
Will there be a list of exhibitors going up soon?


It is up now:

Philly Non-Sports Card Show Exhibitor List - Fall 2022


Thank you kind sir.
 
Posts: 829 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post



Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
quote:
Originally posted by Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane:
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
Anyone know if there are plans for a Pizza Uno gathering Saturday night?

I think we're all a little caught off guard that it's already Philly Show time. I know I'm woefully unprepared.

Ed


Me too. I have a lot of work to do this week.


You're lucky you're close. I have to leave Monday, ready or not.

Ed


Safe Travels, Ed. Looking forward to seeing everyone this weekend! Clap

____________________
Anne Welles - "You've got to climb Mount Everest to reach the Valley of the Dolls."

 
Posts: 3220 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I have just been too busy at work to plan anything for Saturday night for the unofficial gathering but I am thinking after the dinner at the hotel that they have a decent sized bar/lounge area which is right by the room where the dinner is held we could all get together there. Sounds good?

____________________
"The problem, I'm told, is more than medical."
 
Posts: 5796 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Cool!

____________________
"The problem, I'm told, is more than medical."
 
Posts: 5796 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
SHOWTIME. Dance

Hope everyone has a great time, dealers do really well and collectors all go home with some nice finds and some nice memories. Wavey

____________________
Come, it is time for you to keep your appointment with The Wicker Man.
 
Posts: 29027 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The show rocked! Thanks again to the Tosers for inviting me back, I had a wonderful time.
 
Posts: 1578 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Kind of ironic, but the Blowout thread for the Philly show has 3x more posts and 6x more views than this one. . .

Was looking for post show chatter/reviews. . . much more on the Blowout thread than here.

Hope everyone had a great show.
 
Posts: 5431 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
Another fun show is in the books. Thanks to everyone who purchased something at my table.
 
Posts: 829 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I've noticed that members here talk about the show before the show but there isn't much said after the show. That one person on Blowout showed some cards he found. That was great. I like seeing or at least hearing about what people find or see at shows.

That one guy who stewed over going or not and finally didn't go should have gone. If I were just an hour and a half away from the biggest trading card show of this half of the year and I had some money, I would go for sure. I would go just to see if I could find some cards I haven't seen on Ebay and maybe meet some Card Talk people. He has no idea how lucky he is to be just an hour and a half from a card show. There hasn't been a card show in my area in over 20 years. I drove over 450 miles to go to San Diego Comic-Con. I'm glad I got to see that for a few years - might go again sometime though there are fewer cards there now.

I used to drive to San Francisco which is about an hour from here just to go to a TriStar sports card show just to see if there were any non-sports - usually little to none. I drove about the same distance to Oakland when WonderCon was there. There wasn't a lot of cards there but I picked up a few things.


quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
Kind of ironic, but the Blowout thread for the Philly show has 3x more posts and 6x more views than this one. . .

Was looking for post show chatter/reviews. . . much more on the Blowout thread than here.

Hope everyone had a great show.
 
Posts: 4515 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
I've noticed that members here talk about the show before the show but there isn't much said after the show. That one person on Blowout showed some cards he found. That was great. I like seeing or at least hearing about what people find or see at shows.



Totally agree, it is awesome to live vicariously through the people who can attend the shows. Seems like there used to be pictures/reviews, etc. . . not so much anymore.

quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
That one guy who stewed over going or not and finally didn't go should have gone. If I were just an hour and a half away from the biggest trading card show of this half of the year and I had some money, I would go for sure. I would go just to see if I could find some cards I haven't seen on Ebay and maybe meet some Card Talk people. He has no idea how lucky he is to be just an hour and a half from a card show. There hasn't been a card show in my area in over 20 years. I drove over 450 miles to go to San Diego Comic-Con. I'm glad I got to see that for a few years - might go again sometime though there are fewer cards there now.



I'm right there with you. When I was living around the Chicago area there was an amazing amount of shows -- the Chicago Non-Sport Show, Wizard, C2E2, The National Sports Card Convention, the 'Sun Times' Tristar show and piles of smaller shows.

There are comic shows around here, decent comic shows, actually. . . but I've basically given up on them because you'd be lucky to find 2 or 3 dealers with a few non-sport cards on their tables. 5-6 years ago the shows were a little better -- you'd get one fullish table non-sport dealer, a few people with some cards on their tables and a few artists with sketch cards, but the last time I went (2019 or 2020) there were no full table card dealers and only 1 artist who had any sketch cards.

On top of that the it costs us ~$120 to walk in the door with $50 tickets and $20 parking.

Geez, I just looked and that $120 door cost is 2019 pricing. . . Entry is now $130 for 2 tickets, plus I'm sure at least $20 for parking.
 
Posts: 5431 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2  
 

Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Philly Non-Sports Card Show - Oct 15 & 16, 2022

© Non-Sport Update 2013