Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Glasgow Collectormania 27th-28th August
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glasgow Collectormania 27th-28th August
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
The annual Glasgow Show is approaching fast. Whilst it may not be as big as other shows it does give those who don't live in the South of U.K. a chance to attend a show.

A list of guests can be found using the link below.

Glasgow Collectormania

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I'm loving the sensible £5 entry. Thumb Up

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of william291077
posted Hide Post
Howdy,

I will be attending this with my son as I stay in Glasgow and it fortunately doesn't clash with Magic the Gathering's Great British nationals event this year.

If anyone else is planning on going get in touch we could maybe grab a coffee and put a face to a name.

TTFN

Posts: 457 | Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom | Registered: August 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by william291077:
Howdy,

I will be attending this with my son as I stay in Glasgow and it fortunately doesn't clash with Magic the Gathering's Great British nationals event this year.

If anyone else is planning on going get in touch we could maybe grab a coffee and put a face to a name.

TTFN

I'll be doing a Dealer Table at the show so drop by and we can have a chat.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of william291077
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by treksearcher:
quote:
Originally posted by william291077:
Howdy,

TTFN

I'll be doing a Dealer Table at the show so drop by and we can have a chat.

I certainly will, thanks.

Posts: 457 | Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom | Registered: August 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of william291077
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, I don't think I can make this show again this year despite living in Glasgow. I have just to many events taking place in a single weekend and something had to give which is this show. I will however be attending Birmingham in November.

TTFN

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
About to set off for the show, looks like I'll be the only NSU member at the show.

It seems that unless it's a massive Show most people can't be bothered to attend. This will make it difficult for the smaller regional shows to survive much longer.

posted Hide Post
quote:
About to set off for the show, looks like I'll be the only NSU member at the show.

Not quite...I'll be there Smile

Dave

Posts: 168 | Location: Green Hammerton, Yorkshire, UK | Registered: November 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Have fun Dave and treksearcher. Please let us know how the show was....and post some pictures if possible.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
It seems that unless it's a massive Show most people can't be bothered to attend. This will make it difficult for the smaller regional shows to survive much longer.

That's a problem over here too. It's getting harder and harder to get a crowd in a show. But here Wizard bought up a lot of the regional comic/media shows and then never put on a show. I maintain they bought the shows to make their larger regional shows more attractive to travelers.

But attendance is something all shows are struggling with. There is a lot of competition for people's time and money both.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5080 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
...........and that is it in a nutshell.

I'm sure all of us would like to attend every show that ever takes place worldwide.

Can we justify the cost? Thats what it boils down to.

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Arrived just as the doors opened (early bird entries were 1 hour previous)and found a reasonable queue, which was encouaging! Had feared for the turnout based on (my opinion) a lineup that was poorer than previous Glasgow events, and way down on those the same company organise in Milton Keynes & London.

Did the usual walk round to see what card dealers were there, and found the same four that usually turn up (inc Treksearcher). Only snagged one auto for my collection, as the holes I needed to fill were mainly the rarer auto / costume cards and these were available, but at prices I could not justify (the joys of Ebay comparisons - and I dont grudge any dealer making a profit, but some pricing was interesting to say the least).

Saw some of the Vampirella sketches, and they look realy good, just not something I was collecting. Talking of sketches, while no artist alley, there were 4 artists that I noticed, the only one with a name tag up was Al Davidson (Mean something to anyone?)

So to the celebs, in the time I was there the queues never seemed to be more than 5-6 (I've seen this much greater in the past), whether this was down to my timing (I hope so for the benefit of the organisors & celebs) or that people did not see them as a big enough stars to warrant splashing the cash, I dont know.

Harris, sorry I did not take any photos, and the few autos I did get could not be shown here due to the nature of the photos (models)!! Both were very nice individuals, and I'm not just talking about looks Smile

Dave

Posts: 168 | Location: Green Hammerton, Yorkshire, UK | Registered: November 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Taylor:
Harris, sorry I did not take any photos

That's no problem. I appreciate you posting the show report. Thumb Up I would love to see the show someday, if nothing else, just to get to a show in Scotland and see what that's like.

Hope to see you at Memorabilia in November.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of william291077
posted Hide Post
Howdy,

I know a bunch of people in Glasgow who were attending for the Cosplay but I am the only person I know interested in this show for Non-Sport Trading Cards.

I would have loved to make the show but given I was away from my sons last weekend judging Magic Nationals in Sheffield I could not justify missing their football games this week.

I had hoped to manage along on Sunday but we have family visiting for the Kirkintilloch Canal Festival and would run the risk of being dis-inherited and divorced in one fell swoop.

I hope the show is good to those who attend and that I am luckier with dates next year.

TTFN