Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Baltimore MD shows August 3-5, 2012
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Baltimore MD shows August 3-5, 2012
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
There are a couple of shows in the Baltimore, MD area this weekend where you will be able to find non-sport cards.

Shore Leave 34. August 3-5, Hunt Valley, MD
If all you want to do is shop, there is no fee to get in. The dealers room is open to the public. I believe Derek Woywood and I will be the only one there with non-sport cards but I don't know that for a fact. Derek will only be there Friday and Saturday so if you are looking for unopened boxes of recent releases (or supplies) make sure you come one of those days.
For those of you who want to go to panels, get autographs, etc. the guests this year are Kate Mulgrew, LeVar Burton, Jonathon Young, Thomas Dekker, Musetta Vander, Jane Wiedlin and Vic Mignogna. Writer guests include Peter David and Michael Jan Friedman.
more details can be found at www.shore-leave.com

33rd National Sports Collectors Convention. Baltimore Convention Center. August 2-5.
Not sure what the non-sport card selection will be at this show but... I'm sure some of the vendors will at least have vintage cards. I plan on attending on Thursday so I'll try and provide an update of what's available as far as non-sports. Topps will be in attendance but I have not heard of anything non-sport related that they'll be doing for the show.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Harris and I will be at the National on Friday. Smile

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Then stop by Shore Leave on your way home!

Laura-Leaf is usually setup at the National so see if you can get some promo's for Pop Century. And see what products they may have for the rest of the year.

Posts: 420 | Location: USA | Registered: October 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
Thought I'd throw this in for September.

http://baltimorecomiccon.com/

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'll also be at the National on Friday.

Posts: 1571 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
The Mrs and me will be at Shore Leave on Saturday.

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:
I'll also be at the National on Friday.

If you're driving then you could stop by Shore Leave on your way home (I-695 to I-83 North) as the Shore Leave dealers room us usually open until 8pm on Friday night. The 2 events are only about 20 minutes apart (maybe less if you take the light rail, which is convenient to both).

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'll try to post a more detailed report (and some photos over the weekend). The brief report is.... if you want to get any of the sport cards that companies are offering as part of their wrapper redemption programs do that first. I went to Topps 1st thing to get my Gypsy Queen cards and was glad I did. By noon (show was open less than 3 hours) they were out of the Bryce Harper, RG III and Andrew Luck cards for the day.
NonSport Cards.
Decent amount of vintage non-sport, both singles, packs and unopened boxes. One vendor had an unopened box of Six Million Dollar Man. There was another vendor with some wax from the 1980's - early 1990's that I hadn't seen in a while (Masters of the Universe, Dragon's Lair, Garbage Pail Kids and Wacky Packs and a couple other oddball releases that I'm blanking on at the moment. Shop Topps was onhand and had their exclusive Mars Attacks (aka Space Attacks) boxes and binders as well as the postcard set ($30). They also had a 3-pack mini-cereal box package for Wacky Packs 9. I think there were 3 different designs, but I'm sure Harris & crew will discuss this in their show report Smile. Other recent non-sport included boxes of Big Bang Theory ($100), Walking Dead Comic series ($100), Marvel Beginnings I ($50) and II ($55). There were also boxes of Leaf's Pop Century (and inserts if you took time to dig through everyone's boxes).