Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Chi-Pop-Con, Oct. 2016

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6236037711/m/6727051486

October 06, 2016, 03:31 PM
Don Norton
Chi-Pop-Con, Oct. 2016
Haven't seen anyone post anything about this. Friday and Saturday, Oct. 7 and 8, at Holiday Inn, 150 S. Gary Ave. in Carol Stream, IL

Held by Paul Maiellero, the show will feature comic and pop culture items. Artists will include Connie Faye. Some card dealers will be there, also toys and movie items. Admission is $6.
Show runs 2-7 pm, Fri, and 8:30 am -3 pm Sat
October 07, 2016, 06:56 PM
Don Norton
I stopped by for this show today, lots of older items, movie stills, comics, toys. and older cards.Dealer Don Troy had a large assortment of pin up cards.
I picked up a nice sketch by Connie Faye of Glenn from The Walking Dead.

I looked at the older cards for some of my needs, but couldn't find anything. Still a nice assortment of stuff.
Paul had an exclusive promo card for the show with a Halloween theme, available for a donation to The Treasure Chest.
October 09, 2016, 06:20 PM
webjon
Thanks for the show update, Don. . . We thought about going to this show, but there really wasn't any information available about who or what would be there, so we opted for other things. Hope it was a good show.
October 09, 2016, 06:36 PM
Don Norton
Thanks Jon. Don't know if anything there would appeal to you, lots of old comics and movie stills, some of them signed. One dealer did have a few older autographed cards. Paul had more of the Treasure Chest sketches for sale.
One dealer had lots of Pokemon stuff, cards, stuffed toys and figures. So it was a very eclectic assortment.
October 09, 2016, 08:41 PM
Raven
quote:
Originally posted by Don Norton:
Paul had more of the Treasure Chest sketches for sale.

I miss those Treasure Chests of Art sketch drawings that Ed used to organize on the forum. It was fun and went to a good cause. Smile