Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    San Diego Comic-Con 2012
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

San Diego Comic-Con 2012
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Kennywood
posted

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kennywood,

Posts: 7361 | Location: the wonderful state of Denial | Registered: January 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Great article. . . very interesting. . . the organizers are in a tough position. . . how do you keep the prices affordable for fans, yet high enough to discourage scalping. . .

I don't think the price is high enough to deter buying extra tickets or scalping, especially as single day tickets are bringing a $150+ on eBay.

Posts: 5417 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
Great article. . . very interesting. . . the organizers are in a tough position. . . how do you keep the prices affordable for fans, yet high enough to discourage scalping. . .

I don't think the price is high enough to deter buying extra tickets or scalping, especially as single day tickets are bringing a $150+ on eBay.

In my opinion, I have no problem with scalping.
I believe when a person owns a product or ticket, that they purchased with their own labor, they can do with it whatever they choose. Just like when someone sells a trading card on *bay...if somebody wants to give me $100 for a card I pulled out of a $1.99 pack, oh well, that's capitalism.
Maybe tickets could be limited to a certain number per purchaser to quell such activity, but that's up to the people that initially sell said tickets ?

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I honestly wish they would raise the price even more, and eliminate 10,000-15,000 tickets instead. I will be going for my 7th year now, and the differences between the first year I went to now are so extreme. I remember when preview night was like walking around the floor with a dealer pass before the doors opened. It has gotten a little crazy and I wish they would scale back admission a little.

Posts: 131 | Location: USA | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:

Without reading the article, I assume the organisers are losing millions on the running of Comic Con so that is the reason to increase admission prices by almost 50%?????????

IT SEEMS TO ME THIS IS PURE CAPITALISM, THEY HAVE THE MARKET CORNERED SO CAN CHARGE WHAT THEY LIKE AND THE SHEEP WILL PAY.

As for "scalping", they must be have a way to get tickets as I tried and tried last year without success.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
The program schedule needs to be sorted out much earlier. This way, those who only want to attend the day(s) of a particular event can make an informed choice. I know of four young ladies that have 4 day passes because they didn't know when the Twilight talk was happening. That is the only reason they're going and won't be attending anything else.

Scalping, to me, shows the measure of a person, and not in a good way Shake Head

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of john the hat
posted Hide Post
its all out of control , no forward planning or thinking way to kill a show

Posts: 1115 | Location: England | Registered: March 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post