Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Baltimore Comic Con Sept 8 - 9, 2012
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Baltimore Comic Con Sept 8 - 9, 2012
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
Had a fun time at Baltimore today even though we had an umbrella malfunction and got drenched! Saw lots of folks and picked up some interesting info so check the blog for a full report coming soon! Smile

How did you get drenched? Americans don't walk outside Wink

Harris walks EVERYWHERE now Big Grin

Posts: 12158 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Went to lunch and it was hot and humid and when we were done the sky opened up so we had no choice but to get wet as we could not wait it out as I had a train to catch so time was limited. I sure hope there is no rain in England! Big Grin

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
I sure hope there is no rain in England! Big Grin

No worries - It will be snowing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 12158 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Yeah, England is not know for rain, are they? Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

It was a fun day out at Baltimore Comic Con, even though that Batman dude was following my every move. Big Grin I made him go to the record store and wait, and wait, and wait, while I looked at the CDs I already have. He did manage to find cards in the record store!!

Baltimore Comic Con was packed. We ran into three Philly Show dealers.... Derrick, TBear, and Tony & Zeno as well as a bunch of artists. Saw one high profile card manufacturer type walking around...I don't want to see any of Bob's thunder....he's working on a piece for the blog that will go up in the next day or two with some photos.

Very much enjoyed the lunch with cverdec and bigkitty as well, even if the place wasn't quite as everything Guy Fieri said it is. Won't hold that against cverdec and bigkitty, even though they chose the place. Big Grin

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to the blog report. Sunday was DEAD so you guys came on the right day. I did well selling boxes on Saturday but don't recall selling any on Sunday. I think it was the same for all dealers in the hall. My friend Terry had a killer day on Saturday but his Sunday sales were 10% of that. I hope that rumors of this turning into a 3 day show do not come true. But overall a good show and everyone had fun!

Posts: 420 | Location: USA | Registered: October 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Opening day in the NFL probably had a lot to do with Sunday being quiet I would guess.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Nice job on the report Batman! But... I didn't see any mention of a "high profile card manufacturer type". Smile

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jessica
posted Hide Post
I went Sunday and thought it was ridiculously packed! LOL! Maybe it's because I have problems with large crowds and it seemed like more people than it really was. But it was ridiculous, I thought.

I must say though, that instead of driving downtown and fighting game day traffic (O's game) and trying to find parking or a $30 parking garage, we decided to take the light rail. $3.25 and we had a wonderful ride, it was perfect. I highly suggest it to anyone else.

My report for Sunday was that it was cool. I really wish there were more card dealers there, but I'm spoiled with the NSU card show I guess. I did find someone with True Blood boxes and I was going to get some, but didn't want to spend my money right off the bat, well after we decided to leave and I didn't spend any money except on 1 Billy Tucci litho, I went searching for that dealer. Unfortunately I could not find him Frown But I think it was God's plan because as it turned out the next day I found out my favorite guinea pig (love him like a dog!) had to have bladder stone surgery and that money went straight to him, well to the vet... Anyway, if anyone cares, he's doing great now Big Grin

It was a cool con, but I really like NSU's con better. Luv You

Posts: 1952 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Thanks a lot for the report Jessica. Interesting to hear you say it was "ridiculously packed" and Derrick said "dead". Maybe somewhere in between the two? Razz

quote:
Originally posted by Jessica:
It was a cool con, but I really like NSU's con better. Luv You

And thanks a lot for that!!

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess it should be more like sales were dead. Doors opened Sunday morning and not many people ventured in. Assuming they were still sleeping from a fun saturday night. Crowd wasnt too bad later but not a good sign that dealers across the show floor are wandering around all day out of sheer boredom. I think it had more to do with the economy rather than the NFL as 1 PM game time seemed to be the most people in the hall. It died off completely around 3 and some guys started breaking down their displays. Jess-Don't come on saturday then next year as it was crazy! Look forward to seeing you (and everyone else) in October.

Posts: 420 | Location: USA | Registered: October 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jessica
posted Hide Post
Yea, with really big shows like this one, I shy away from Saturdays! Don't want to see me on the news "Girl freaks out at Baltimore Comic Convention because of large crowds, now in mental hospital!" LOL!

Posts: 1952 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post