Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Pop Art Con - June 10, 2012
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pop Art Con - June 10, 2012
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Fantastic Tom - Great promo's and another headache for us collectors Big Grin

Thanks for all your support to NSU and the shows Thumb Up

Posts: 12157 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Yes thanks Tom for everything you do to support the shows. Thumb Up

Posts: 29001 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
looks like I will be driving down from Toronto to attend this event on Sunday

looking forward to meeting some new artists
and of course getting the promo cards Smile

Posts: 438 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
We just learned today that Bench Warmer has done two Pop Art Con exclusive promos for show attendees. Below is an image of the two card fronts.

Thank you Derek for the reminder on times above. As he says, dinner is at 7:00 PM on Saturday night and Pop Art Con takes place on Sunday from 10 AM to 4 PM. Admission is $8 and those with a valid art school and college ID get in for half-price.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Awesome cards kudos to Benchwarmers for the great support of the NSU shows. If you are free on Sunday please consider dropping by the show as any new show needs support to grow and continue. With all the great artists I know I will have a hard time keeping my spending under control!! Thumb Up Smile

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
We just learned today that Bench Warmer has done two Pop Art Con exclusive promos for show attendees. Below is an image of the two card fronts.

As Batman says - MANY thanks to Benchwarmer for supporting the show - If only the flight wasn't so expensive!

Posts: 12157 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
will promo's be given out at the door
or is it going to be an easter egg hunt in the venue

Posts: 438 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hcbrewer:
will promo's be given out at the door
or is it going to be an easter egg hunt in the venue

Yes and yes. Bear in mind this will be a smaller show then the Philly Show so your hunt will not be too cumbersome. We will have a couple of cards to give away at the door as well as at the Non-Sport Update table. The manufacturers will be giving away their own cards.

Very glad to hear that you're coming to the show hcbrewer! Thanks for making the trip.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
For those attending don't forget your small bag which has written on it...wolfie's promos. Big Grin

Posts: 29001 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Lots of cool stuff going on at Pop Art Con so don't miss it! Here are my two Avengers Proofs by Pop Art Con attending artist Kate Bradley!

Kate is working hard to bring some great artwork like the above to the show on Sunday, as she is sitting at my dining room table right now working on some great sketch cards and other assorted artwork. Don't miss out on getting some awesome one-of-a-kind art from all the great artists attending Sunday, along with the promos, dealer offerings, and meeting up with friends and collectors. Smile Thumb Up Wavey

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Batman,

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
For those attending don't forget your small bag which has written on it...wolfie's promos. Big Grin

I'll keep you in mind.
Wink Thumb Up

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just a suggestion but anyone attending the show really should drop by Meghan Hetrick's table in the artist's area. She just posted a jaw-dropping two card Contemporary Pinups AP she's done over on Scoundrel that will be on display and possibly for sale at the show. Well worth a look to see it in person.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Arrived a short while ago and saw Roxanne, Marlin, Harris, Cliff, and a number of artists and dealers as well. Looking forward to the dinner in about an hour, should be a great time. The show tomorrow should be even better! Smile

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Looks like you guys are going to have a great time, have fun everyone! Smile

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Have a good time - for all of us who would love to be at this thing!

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Dinner was great, good food, lots of good conversation, and the good times extended out into the lobby for the NHL\NBA playoffs. Got a look at one of the Tarzan promos that will be available tomorrow it's worth attending the show by itself! Looking forward to seeing all the artwork, I hope there's an ATM nearby! Big Grin

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Dinner seems to have gone well tonight. At least, I think everyone enjoyed it. I enjoyed seeing many artists we have gotten to know over the years and got to meet Gary Kezele, Tim Shay, Edward Cherniga, Joseph Miller, and Jerry Ma (hope I'm not leaving anyone out). As always, great to see Batman, Chris and Sheri, and some of the other folks we have gotten to know from the Philly Shows.

Looking forward to tomorrow and hoping for a good show.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
I hope there's an ATM nearby! Big Grin

That will actually give you some money Smile

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
ENJOY THE SHOW

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
ENJOY THE SHOW

Thanks very much Hammer.