Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Destination Star Trek London October 19 - 21

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6236037711/m/3087087326

September 03, 2012, 07:37 PM
treksearcher
Destination Star Trek London October 19 - 21
Just noticed the price of VIP tickets for this event, limited to 20. Only £2,999 Eek about ($4500) WOW it will take a Very Rich dedicated Trek Fan to pay that much just to attend a show. I appreciate the Five Star Trek Captains will be at the show and a host of other Trek stars but it's too much for me.

Anyone planning to purchase a VIP ticket?

Star Trek London (5 Captains)
September 03, 2012, 08:53 PM
STCardGeek
The tickets come with an exclusive card...sigh....

September 03, 2012, 09:43 PM
riddler_149
Yeesh... for that price you could have bought a plane ticket to Wizard World Philadelphia, paid for a hotel for the weekend, and gotten their VIP ticket and probably still have enough money for other con goodies. I thought that WW Philly's $750 price tag was steep, and this one is crazy!

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/
September 04, 2012, 02:52 PM
wolfie
The sad thing is that it will sell out no problem. Shake Head

September 05, 2012, 09:41 AM
Alric
On their forum it has it that 18 are already sold. I only went for Silver and I thought that was expensive enough.

There is also some question as to how much merchandise will be on sale. The web site states that it will be official merchandise and the venu is used for other shows by a compeating company which may restrict what can be sold at this show.

September 07, 2012, 05:17 AM
cardcollectors uk
As far as I'm aware the show can only allow star trek merchandise for sale and nothing else, due to the awesome MCM Expo show which is on the week after, which is run by the same people who run the Memorabilia show in the uk.
The terms of destination star trek only allow this, so I can only think that Richard Arnold might be there with cards, but I don't know any other UK dealers who have enough Trek stuff to make the show viable, including myself. Prove me wrong though guys!

September 07, 2012, 07:33 AM
HIM
Too bad its only ST merch etc being sold. Id love a Keating auto from a Sons of Anarchy pic.

September 07, 2012, 07:42 AM
Alric
I would hope that not all the autograph photos will be ST, they normally have a range to choose from and you can always bring your own to get signed Smile

September 07, 2012, 07:44 AM
Alric
I understand the restrictions but hardly any card dealers do the Expo show any more as its mainly a manga show, hopefully they will build up the MEM London side to get the dealers back in.

quote:
Originally posted by cardcollectors uk:
As far as I'm aware the show can only allow star trek merchandise for sale and nothing else, due to the awesome MCM Expo show which is on the week after, which is run by the same people who run the Memorabilia show in the uk.
The terms of destination star trek only allow this, so I can only think that Richard Arnold might be there with cards, but I don't know any other UK dealers who have enough Trek stuff to make the show viable, including myself. Prove me wrong though guys!

September 10, 2012, 02:16 PM
cardcollectors uk
quote:
Originally posted by Alric:
I would hope that not all the autograph photos will be ST, they normally have a range to choose from and you can always bring your own to get signed Smile

There will ONLY be trek stuff allowed, due to massive legal restrictions. I'm not sure their even allowed to sign your own non-trek photo. Worth checking on the Star Trek London website.

September 11, 2012, 08:06 AM
Alric
It could be a fun show then if they get that restrictive Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Alric,

September 17, 2012, 07:42 AM
Kevin F
Have you seen the guest list for this thing ? Brent Spiner has been added too. Heck, they've even got a doomed guy/guard in a red top Big Grin I would love to be attending this shindig:

http://www.startreklondon.com/guests