Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    November Memorabilia Birmingham
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

November Memorabilia Birmingham
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just about to get ready to head off to the show. I'll pop over to the NSU Table if it's not too busy at my Table(lol).

This has to be one of the worst guest lists that I can remember at the show. I'm sure however the show will be packed with loads of youngsters in cosplay dress like last time.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
The list has got better as the week has gone on

Posts: 12157 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will be there, looking forward to it, and looking forward to coming away with a few good cards. Am just hoping my favourite dealers have the cards I am looking for.

Posts: 146 | Location: UK | Registered: February 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
We had to wait until we had confirmation that they arrived in time for the show but now...

Hunt down Wolfie at the Memorabilia show! Smile

We (Faerie Metal) made 2 exclusive metal promos for the show that Wolfie will be handing out to any interested parties Smile There's more info posted about it on our facebook page

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
We're (somewhat) set-up now. Got to see several dealers today. The comic area, which is new for me at at this show, looks interesting with all sorts of different booths. Looks like lots of card dealers here this weekend hope to see lots of people tomorrow.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
have fun

Tom

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Thanks Tom, we will try. Smile Wavey

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jake:

We (Faerie Metal) made 2 exclusive metal promos for the show that Wolfie will be handing out

Yes track me down Elephant and ask for your's, good whilst stock lasts, right now I have 3 left. Big Grin

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Breygent Marketing:
have fun

Tom

Hope to see you here one day

Posts: 12157 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
quote:

We (Faerie Metal) made 2 exclusive metal promos for the show that Wolfie will be handing out

Yes track me down Elephant and ask for your's, good whilst stock lasts, right now I have 3 left. Big Grin

Better have some for me Big Grin

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
We had to wait until we had confirmation that they arrived in time for the show but now...

We (Faerie Metal) made 2 exclusive metal promos for the show that Wolfie will be handing out to any interested parties Smile There's more info posted about it on our facebook page

Thumb Up

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
i will be there next year

tom

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
I wasn't planning on going this year due to personal reasons, but it looks as if we might be there after all.

Rock on!

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Breygent Marketing:
i will be there next year

tom

Thumb Up

posted Hide Post
Packed!

Posts: 146 | Location: UK | Registered: February 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Very enjoyable show Thumb Up . Only negative for me was nobody had any plain three ring binders and nobody had any pocket pages besides the standard 9 pocket ones.

Started off by getting the autographs I wanted while the lines were short. Kate Kelton and Richard Donat from Haven were freebies and Kate was an absolute blast, really cheerful and enjoying meeting people. I also got Hannah Spearitt who was charming as usual and Melinda Clarke who had just finished shooting the Nikita finale and wanted a break.

That took about an hour and a half and then I made my way to the NSU table to give Wolfie his goodies and renew my magazine sub with Harris.Wolfie gave me the two Faerie promos and I got the Downton Abbey variant cover and metal promo as well as the Witchblade promo.

Had a quick chat with Paul James and got the latest Beauties of Vengeance promo as well as a couple of James Bond ones. Next over to Dean Rogers to pick up a case of Beyond Dracula and some Civil War cards. Dean also gave me his exclusive Civil War and Blakes 7 promos. Saw Jason from Unstoppable who had been very busy distributing all the Blakes 7 cases to various tables.

Finally over to Jason from Cult Stuff's big display of cards where I was tempted into a Tudors pack and Jason gave me all his latest promos and some Beyond Dracula parallel sets as a thank you for buying a case.

I staggered off home and am now just getting ready for Doctor Who's 50th Ann episode. Hope Harris and friends have a good time at the Odeon in New Street where they will be watching it in 3D on the big screen. Also hope they remember my tips for the best pints of real ale to be found in the city centre.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had a great time, chatted to most card dealers and even cut a few trade deals.

Came away with the following goodies.

An excellent day, especially for the Bond collection.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
I was tempted into a Tudors pack

How much were these?

Posts: 795 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravenheart:
quote:
I was tempted into a Tudors pack

How much were these?

The two dealers I saw who had them both were £50 per pack so £10 per card.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
The two dealers I saw who had them both were £50 per pack so £10 per card.

Not so bad at all.

That the $100 some US dealers want for them is too high and not the standard is very good news.

Hoping to pick up at pack at the London Royal National show on Sunday.

Posts: 795 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post