Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Philly Non-Sports Card Show May 18 & 19 2024
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Philly Non-Sports Card Show May 18 & 19 2024
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
These two "Fiendening" cards from SideKick will be available at the show. SideKick, along with both artists, John Detrich and Stephen Blickenstaff, will be exhibiting at the show. P05 can be found in promo packs and P06 at the SideKick tables.

Posts: 13006 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:
I will have a new "Ted Dastick Series" (is that a thing?) promo at my table, so make sure you stop by and grab promo TD10! I can't believe I've made 10 of these now. Eek

Yes, you've made it a thing! It's definitely a thing now.

See you there, Ted, and you Jane as well. Thanks for bringing Gary.

The Philly Show is this weekend, May 18th & 19th. A reminder....we're in Hall B this time at the Greater Philadelphia Expo Center.

Posts: 13006 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
what happened to this show, did nobody go?? Confused

Posts: 29050 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
The show was busy, in the bigger Hall B this time around. Lots of nice promos and free packs from Rittenhouse Archives and Cryptozoic Entertainment, plus Rittenhouse Archives also had giveaways for attendees who had a winning ticket. A good mix of old and new cards and related binders and boxes, every show is different. Dinner was interesting, saw a short movie which had everyone talking about it as to be fair it was bad in a bad way. Dinner itself was fun and many nice prizes were given out to attendees. Sunday you could get exclusive metal GPK cards if you were in attendance at 1 pm and that proved to be popular. Looking forward to the Fall show already!

Posts: 5797 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
It was a fun show - lots of attendees and probably the most promo's for a long time. Good to see everyone and the metal promo's on Sunday were a nice addition to the show

Posts: 12186 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Can someone please post a list of all of the new promos and new cards from the show ? I was sick and wasn't able to attend. Thanks

Posts: 4174 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2619 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2619 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much for the scans. I believe that Rittenhouse also had new promos for Cheers and Dr.Who and Sidekick had their promo CTC 22

Posts: 4174 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Dr Who, Cheers and House of Dragons P1's.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hammer,

Posts: 12186 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Were there other GPK promos at the recent show besides the 1A and B shown above ? I have seen 2 cards named Lucy and Elke with Philly show logos on the backs. How were those distributed ? Seem to be new

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
Were there other GPK promos at the recent show besides the 1A and B shown above ? I have seen 2 cards named Lucy and Elke with Philly show logos on the backs. How were those distributed ? Seem to be new

I didn't see them.

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hey all Smile --

First time poster long time collector that took a break for 25 years and just got back into it!

I went to the last show in the spring, wished there was more Marvel there but was till great! Show was about 8 minutes from my house figured why not, I had no intention of buying anything just thought it would be fun to see some 90's stuff from when I was a kid.

After about 15 minutes I realized i've been missing out! I ended up buying a about a dozen insert singles, turns out I have half of them already. After the show I grabbed my entire collection at my storage vault (my parents house, they were pleased to see the 20+ binders and boxes of cards go haha!). Anyhow I am mostly into the 90's Marvel/DC cards. But have been venturing into the newer sets a bit. Holy hell... have these things gotten expensive and complicated to collect in modern sets!

I am putting this out there, calling all vendors!!! Some stuff I am looking for if you wanna make a guy broke bring the following stuff:

1990 Marvel Universe I - Base and Inserts
1991 Marvel Universe II - Base and Inserts
1992 Marvel Universe III - Base and Inserts
1993 Marvel Universe IV
1994 Marvel Master - Gold Holofoil
1994 Marvel Master - Bronze Holofoil
1994 Spiderman -Hologram Variants in colors
1994 Spiderman MasterPrint Set
1994 Spider Man Gold Web (Walmart Packs)
1996 Spider-Man Canvas
1994 Superman - Forged in Steal
1994 Superman - Forged in Gold
Spider-Man Venom H-IV Hologram
1994 Evil Ernie - Insert C-3 C-4
1994 Marvel Universe - PowerBlast Silver (Jumbo)
1994 Marvel Universe - PowerBlast Gold (Walmart)
1995 Ultra X-Men - Sinister Observations
1995 Fleer Ultra X-Men - Hunters & Stalkers Gold
1995 Fleer Ultra X-Men - Hunters & Stalkers Silver
1995 Metal Prints Case Topper; UPC 0 41199 00282 6
1995 Marvel Metal PROMO CARDS - Beast
1995 Marvel Metal Inaugural Edition 4 Card
1995 Marvel Metal Bider (without cards
1995 Marvel Metal Silver Flashers
Todd McFarlane - 1989 Series 1 Comic Images - entire base
1990 Todd McFarlane Series II - entire base
1997 Spider-Man '97 Fleer Ultra
1996 Spider-Man Premium Fleer/SkyBox - All and Any
1996 Marvel Masterpieces - All and Any
1995 Fleer Marvel Masterpieces All and Any
2021 Marvel Metal Spiderman - All and Any
2023 Fleer Throwbacks '89 Marvel Edition

Eek

Posts: 8 | Location: Philly | Registered: September 03, 2024Reply With QuoteReport This Post