This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6236037711/m/1057029007

October 17, 2023, 06:29 PM
Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
Philly Non-Sports Card Show October 14 & 15 2023
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
Did anyone actually go to this show?

I did! And it was a great show. Always is, thanks to the Tosers. I always have a blast, and it’s nice to see everyone. May is a loooong way off.

October 17, 2023, 11:18 PM
catskilleagle
What did you see? What did you find? I hope more members talk about the show for those of us too far away to go.
October 20, 2023, 03:13 AM
catskilleagle
Did anyone here pick up Gerani's book? It sounds like it would be a great read.

quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
Just a bit of Philly Show news:

• Gary Gerani - Gary Gerani will be our special media guest at the upcoming show. Gary has written countless card backs for television and movie cards and his career spans well over 4 decades. His work has mostly been for Topps (all the classic Topps movie and television sets) but also for other companies such as Upper Deck. Additionally, Gary created and co-authored the screenplay for Stan Winston's Pumpkinhead. Gerani also scripted Showtime's adaptation of the popular Vampirella comic book in 1996, and created/produced a TV pilot in 2017 called Convention. Looks for Gary’s brand new book, the Card King Chronicles, Vol. 1: The ‘70s (Gary will have some of these on-hand at the show available for sale).

• Artists - 4 artists will be on-hand: David Acevedo, Jason Brower, Ted Dastick, Jr., and Michael Munshaw.

• Promos - We have been placing images of the promo cards that will be given out on the Philly Show website. There are more to come!

The Philly Non-Sports Card Show takes place October 14 & 15 at the Greater Philadelphia Expo Center at Oaks, PA (Hall E). Hope to see you there.

October 20, 2023, 10:19 AM
Ted Dastick Jr.
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:

I did look through it and it did look pretty great (and included sketch cards!), but the content was a little too early for my personal interest. It did say on the cover it's volume 1 of 5, so I'm waiting til they hit the 1980s.

I will say, if the book manages to capture how he speaks, it's probably fantastic because I could listen to him talk all day.
October 20, 2023, 03:44 PM
Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
quote:
Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:
quote:

I did look through it and it did look pretty great (and included sketch cards!), but the content was a little too early for my personal interest. It did say on the cover it's volume 1 of 5, so I'm waiting til they hit the 1980s.

I will say, if the book manages to capture how he speaks, it's probably fantastic because I could listen to him talk all day.

I read Gary’s book. It’s a good, informative and fun read. I recommend it.

October 20, 2023, 06:51 PM
Curler
Thanks to all the organizers, dealers, manufacturers, artists and fellow collectors that make the Philly Show so much fun. I had a good time last Saturday.

I bought Gary's book. He was a great speaker at the dinner. I am looking forward to reading the book.
October 23, 2023, 02:45 AM
catskilleagle
Thanks for the comment. I ordered it through the publisher's website and have received it already and two sketch cards were included. Also, he signed it to me which is a nice bonus. I haven't started reading it yet (trying to finish another one so I can get to it).

You might want to get it anyway just because there might be interesting background information that pertains to 80's cards. I flipped through it and see that he talks about some 60's cards perhaps as a lead-in to the 70's.

quote:
quote:

October 23, 2023, 02:46 AM
catskilleagle
Thanks for the recommendation. I'm looking forward to reading it. We don't often get a chance to read a book about trading cards.

quote:
Originally posted by Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane:
quote:
quote:

I read Gary’s book. It’s a good, informative and fun read. I recommend it.

November 16, 2023, 05:33 PM
MikeFitz
I have been unable to attend for a number of years due to health issues. Always able to pick up the Philly Show promo cards somewhere after the show. I have seen zero Oct. show cards numbered 120 and 121. Anyone know why?

November 16, 2023, 10:37 PM
Scifi Cards
quote:
Originally posted by MikeFitz:
I have been unable to attend for a number of years due to health issues. Always able to pick up the Philly Show promo cards somewhere after the show. I have seen zero Oct. show cards numbered 120 and 121. Anyone know why?

If you're looking on eBay, it's probably because it's cost prohibitive to sell any card under $5 due to fees and shipping that can be as much as the cards.

Drop me a line Mike, I can fix you up with either the whole package of what was available, or just the Philly Show promos if that's all you need.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

December 08, 2023, 04:28 PM
David R
Was the Games of Thrones Art and Images P1 promo at the Philly Show ? Saw some auctions saying that it was.
December 08, 2023, 05:52 PM
silmapco
Yes it was given out at the Rittenhouse table