Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  User Announcements    Raven's Flown Away
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Raven's Flown Away
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted
This is post 10529 for me and it's as good a number as any to stop. I've been thinking about it for quite a while now but kept spurting along with more opinions on entertainment topics and obituaries than card topics recently. I just woke up today and decided I'm dried out.

Time to admit I've said my piece and I hope card collectors, and especially autograph card collectors, will be able to draw some benefit from my insights which will stay here as long as the internet holds it. I wasn't always right, but I believe time has proven that I was more right than wrong.

So nothing drastic has happened. I just don't want to follow the new overpriced premium sets anymore and I've been lucky enough to get the autograph cards I thought I should have. Hitting most of your goals means you have fewer goals to strive for. I have literally peaked and it's been all downhill from here. All I'm doing now is repeating myself and its boring.

I wish all my Card Talk friends lots of good luck. You know who you are. For those who will be doing a happy dance, you will see that you will miss me too, in a different way. Big Grin But I wish you good luck also.

I will still read NSU. I'll probably still read Card Talk. I will still buy autograph cards when I see ones I like. But I've been posting here for nearly 17 years and that's too long. You need not comment, but I didn't want to simply vanish and lead to comments. I'm just not enjoying it anymore and it feels like the right time to end the name "Raven".

Vaya con dios everybody.

Posts: 10529 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Get a Blowout Cards Forum account and post away.
All kinds of new-to-you weirdos are to be found there.
Don't be stingy, give 'em some Raven.
Best wishes.

Posts: 3364 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
No, don't go! You don't need to be actively collecting to stay part of this community!

Stick around. Before long I'll say something you don't agree with, and you can give me grief for it. Card Talkers expect no less!

Posts: 2276 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hey Raven,

Don't say goodbye. You might be burned out now but there might be some new series or big change in the hobby in the future to talk about.

I always get a kick out of your posts. It's great to have a longtime, knowledgeable collector who posts a lot. It helps Card Talk when there's not much going on especially like these midsummer days when people go on vacation.

What if I say, "Forget what I said, I agree with you that there's no such thing as a 1-card set," will you stay? What if I dump all my promos and get more into autograph cards?

Seriously, Raven, take a break. Relax. Do something else for a while and then check back here. Last week, I didn't see anything on Ebay I wanted to buy. I wondered if I'd ever see anything else. A few days later, I saw something. Maybe you'll need weeks or months as you start another collection (dinosaur toys? Bookmarks? Old Cracker Jack prizes?) but don't fly away forever. Someone has to keep the pressure on Wolfie.

Posts: 4565 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear you are thinking of leaving the forum. I think given time you will change your mind and be back to report on the latest crazy thing going on in the hobby.

Posts: 29038 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post