Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Rolling Stones, The (Whosontour/RST, 2008-2006)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rolling Stones, The (Whosontour/RST, 2008-2006)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
I sampled one hobby box for this series. It was released in 2008, but all of the cards and packaging show a copyright date of 2006. It's a nice set of images from the Stones including quite a few from this century, when everybody is starting to have as many lines on their faces as Keith Richards always did. Base cards are on heavy glossy stock, and it's a bit of annoyance that a complete copy of the reported 150-card base set cannot be provided from a single box. Boxes hold 24 packs of 6 cards each plus one temporary tattoo. Expect 0.94 base sets per box if collation were perfect.

There are six types of uncut press sheets offered on the manufacturer's website, and this gives me pause in trying to figure out which cards I'm missing. Those sheets don't include cards #149 and #150, and I didn't get any of those two. Maybe they were checklists, or maybe the base set is only 148 cards. I found 10 different temporary tattoos, but the NSU review in Volume 18 No. 6 identified a total of 12 and I found the image of one I didn't pull on the web. The review indicated that there were six of the holographic glitter-foil tongue cards, but the uncut press sheet #6 only has five. Scans of the inserts I found in my box are posted below, and I'd welcome any help in ID'ing any others.

Both I and NSU found three each of the holographic foils and the satin-finish poster cards, and the advertising says the set is "A respectable 150 card base set complete with 6 different chase cards ..." Because you can't find 150 base cards in a box, I took this to be a description of the set composition. This _might_ mean that the three different foils and the three different satins were all that were ultimately inserted in packs. I haven't seen any others pictured on the web, and the only evidence of more than three foils is the uncut sheets.

The temporary tattoos have a small 8-digit item number printed on the backs, with the first 6 digits the same for all that I pulled. The final two digits can be used to ID individual items. There were five "Prototype" cards issued in 2007, but the online free-sample offer appears to have been populated with regular and chase cards from the normal release.

BOX 1

Base Cards (150?): missing 19 from complete set, 10 extras
Temporary Tattoos (12, 1 per pack): 49x4 51x2 53x2 55x2 57x3 58x2 59x4 60 61x2 83x2 (missing 2)
Guitar Picks (10?, 1:6 packs): white pick with red tongue (x2), pearl with red tongue, pearl with gold tongue
Satin Sticker Cards (16?, 1:8 packs): 120 131 138
Holographic Tongue Cards (6?, 1:12 packs): 108 119 124

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post