Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Star Trek The Original Series, The Quotable (Rittenhouse)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Trek The Original Series, The Quotable (Rittenhouse)
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
ST how many master sets did you get out of 10 cases (I accept that a master set does not include the Europe chase set)?

Posts: 12157 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
By master sets do you mean one with ALL variations or just one of each auto?
If you mean all variations, then none since one of the Chekovs I didn't get any of..Little lady from Leningrad, though I could trade for it, so let's pretend I did Smile I would have made one.
If we aren't counting all variations, then 3. (Spock being the limiting factor stopping me from a 4th.

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
For the record, I only needed three master sets total. I don't sell master sets for reasons I"m sure would bore you to tears, beyond my own and two carefully selected customers, so any cards beyond that are sold singly.
Used to make another master set for my client who passed away and this was the first set I didn't make him a set and it was hard cause I forgot and started putting his together before I remembered Frown

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
ST only one of each variation, I hope you do get a Master master set Smile Must have been sad putting together this set without your old client, but at least you thought of him Wink thanks for the reply. Wavey

Posts: 12157 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
I put together a set for me that doesn't include variations. I selected my favorite quote of the ones available and that's it. I might chase the variations if I find stupid prices, though Smile

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
I've been really lucky in that case. I've opened one box and got one of the Sulu autograph cards (Phasers locked on target, Captain).
Just got 2 more boxes today. I wonder what I'll get.

Posts: 3251 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
I would like to say that a package appeared on my doorstep Saturday from Greg..that was really sweet, I know I teased and hinted I was due chocolate, but I didn't really mean it. Not that I'll reject it, though Angel

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
I've opened 3 boxes - 2 international and 1 North American.

1 Animated Series set + 6 extras
2 Final Frontier sets + 6 extras
Comic cards GK2(x3), GK3, GK4(x2), GK5(x3), GK8(x3)
TV Guide Cover TV4
Captain's Women W6(x2)

Autos
QA3 Sulu (Phasers locked on target, Captain)
A88 Patrig Horgan as Eneg
A91(x2) Sean Kenney as Captain Pike from "The Managerie"
A100(x2) Lois Jewell as Drusilla from "Bread and Circuses"

The 2 boxes I opened today - 1 US and 1 International - both gave A91 and A100. and pretty much the same comic cards.

Posts: 3251 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
Eww...sometiems I wonder when someone buys two boxes which likely come next to each other in the case both having the same inserts..but in this case, dude, that's just bad karma...!!

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of mtlhddoc2
posted Hide Post
I did worse than that Lynne with my 3 boxes, which were numerically sequential! I only got 10 of 18 animated!!! but I did do a bit better with the Comic set

Posts: 7774 | Location: Censored | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
Pppft..you didn't get them from me, hence I haven't alotta sympathy fer ya Wink
(just teasing there dearie)

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of mtlhddoc2
posted Hide Post
HAHAHA, I know, but you know I gotta spread the loooooveeee...

Geez, I bought you a pool what else do you need? LOL

Posts: 7774 | Location: Censored | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
Well, my current project involves this hill of sorts in the backyard..a pile of trees roots and dirt left over from clearing the land to build the house, it'll cost $500 to get rid of..so, so remember that the next time you shop around..the ugly view out my window Wink

Picture of Rincewind
posted Hide Post
International Box #1118

2 - 110 card base sets
8 of 9 "Space... The Final Frontier" cards
8 of 18 Animated Series cards
4 of 9 Comics cards
1 - Captain's Women W3 - Barbara Anderson
Auto - A93 - Phyllis Douglas
Auto - QA2 - Leonard Nimoy "Fascinating" Big Grin

This is the first and possibly only time i'll be buying a box, but I may change my mind after pulling the Nimoy auto. Smile

Posts: 49 | Location: Kent, UK | Registered: December 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
nice pull, that's the joy of a box Clap

Picture of watchers of watchers
posted Hide Post
Box 5786
Animated series Q1,3,6,7,10,12,14,16
Final frontier st1,3,5,6,7,8,9
Comic gk3,5,6,7
Tv Guide covers Tv3 Elephant
Autos A97 A103
Star Fleets Finest F1 James T Kirk 311/399 Clap

Posts: 330 | Location: th,indiana,usa | Registered: June 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
I just have one box..

1 complete set
8 of 9 Final Frontier cards
8 animated series cards
CK 2,3,5,7
TV guide cover #6
Autos - Don Marshall , Gary Walberg Frown
StarFleet's Finest card - F8 - #180 Big Grin

Wasn't too happy with the autos, but the Starfleets Finest card was nice...

Posts: 3214 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
Hi all. I've been away for awhile, or rather my PC has it needed an operation to have a replacement harddrive installed. But I'm back now.

This set I was REALLY looking forward to and I am pleased with the cards and the quotes. this was the largest (in box count) order I have ever purchased for 1 title. I normally only buy 2, maybe 3 boxes. This time I went for 4 US and 2 International boxes.

Here is the breakdown:
Quotable Star Trek: The Original Series
Box Breakdown

US Box # 0091/6000
• Final Frontier cards ST1-ST5, ST7-ST9
• Animated cards Q2, Q3. Q5, Q8, Q11, Q13, Q15, Q18
• Comics cards GK1, GK4, GK6, GK9
• TV Guide Cover Cards TV2
• Autos A89 (Morgan Woodward) A100 Lois Jewell)
• Starfleet’s Finest Cards/ Frown

US Box # 1571/6000
• Final Frontier cards ST1-ST6, ST8, ST9
• Animated cards Q1, Q3, Q5, Q6, Q7, Q10, Q12, Q14
• Comics cards GK3, GK5, GK6, GK7
• TV Guide Cover Cards TV7
• Autos A92 (Harry Landers)
A101 (Eddie Paskey)
• Starfleet’s Finest Cards/ Frown

US Box # 2464/6000
• Final Frontier cards ST1-ST8
• Animated cards Q1, Q2, Q3, Q5, Q7, Q10, Q14, Q15
• Comics cards GK3, GK6, GK7, GK9
• TV Guide Cover Cards TV4
• Autos A91 (Sean Kenny) DQA2 (Lawrence Montaigne & Arlene Martel)
• Starfleet’s Finest Cards / Frown

US Box # 5373/6000
• Final Frontier cards ST1, ST3-ST9
• Animated cards Q1, Q2, Q3, Q5, Q7, Q10, Q14, Q15
• Comics cards GK3, GK7, GK8. GK9
• TV Guide Cover Cards TV5
• Autos A98 (Stephen Mines)QA3 (George Takei)Smile
• Starfleet’s Finest Cards 0/ Frown

International Box # 2239/4000
• Final Frontier cards ST1, ST2, ST4-ST9
• Animated cards Q4, Q8, Q9, Q11, Q13, Q16, Q17, Q18
• Comics cards GK2, GK5, GK7, GK8
• The Captain’s Women cards W2
• Autos A91 (AGAIN) DQA2 (AGAIN)
• Starfleet’s Finest Cards (finally)F6 Uhura #123/399

International Box # 3764/4000
• Final Frontier cards ST1-ST8
• Animated cards Q1, Q2, Q3, Q5, Q7, Q10, Q11, Q15
• Comics cards GK1, GK3, GK6, GK9
• The Captain’s Women cards W4
• Autos A89 (AGAIN)A100 (AGAIN)
• Starfleet’s Finest Cards 0Frown

So whilst this is a great set, with only 1 Starfleet's Finest card, only 1 Limited Auto, and 4 of the 12 autos duplicates. I think I'll go back to how I was purchasing boxes. Just 1 ot 2 boxes amd if the set is important enough an Archive box. Buying 6 boxes just was not worth it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If faced with a difficult choice/decision, Remember this - WWKD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never give up - NEVER surrender

Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Unlucky Boldlygone

NSU Elf
Picture of Over_Worked_Mom
posted Hide Post
Paul - contact me at custrelations@scifihobby.com about your breakdown. Thanks

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post