Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Doctor Who 40th Anniversary (Strictly Ink)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Doctor Who 40th Anniversary (Strictly Ink)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
My neighbour finally told me he had 2 packages for me and yes they were 3 boxes of Doctor Who 40th !

First package contained 1 box, a sell sheet and an autograph card WA14 of Sheila Hancock as Helen A ( Thank you Barrie )

Box 1 0051

Autographs
WA2 Daphne Ashbrook
WA16 Sarah Sutton Luv You
WA17 Richard Briers

Foil cards
F1 - F10, F12, F13
( 2 missing from a set of foils )

The second package contained 2 boxes, a sell sheet and the invoice/credit card slip

Box 2 0059

Autographs
WA9 Tom Baker Thumb Up
( actually signed as "Who 4? Tom Baker" )
WA14 Sheila Hancock

Foil cards
F1 - F6, F8-14
( 1 missing from a set of foils )

Box 3 0041

Costume Card
CC2 Redemption This is for a piece of a spacesuit costume worn by Peter Davison in "Planet of Fire"

Autographs
WA4 Yee Jee Tso
WA10 Terry Molloy / Davros

Foil cards
F1 - F8, F10-12, F14
( 2 missing from a set of foils )

A great set to finish off Strictly Ink's Who series.

One wrinkle already noted on the Strictly Ink board is that the box top says 3 autos per box but in the small print and on the wrappers it says 2-3 autos per box.

( I will check the collation of sets later and edit this message then ! )

[This message was edited by xSaBx on December 19, 2003 at 08:13 AM.]

Posts: 1855 | Location: Urmston, United Kingdom | Registered: August 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Opened one box today.

10 Foil cards
F2, F3, F5x2, F7, F9, F10, F11x2, F14

3 auto cards
WA1 Eric Roberts
WA7 Colin Baker
WA9 Tom Baker
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

2 Doctors and a Master. Elephant

Posts: 3253 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Finally finished breaking my case down at 1.00 this morning.

Case number 58 of 249 sealed with red tape with "Only to be opened by a Time Lord on it".Nice touch. Smile

Made 30 base sets of 100.

9 Foil sets of 14 and 14 extra cards.

3 Auto's in each box breaking as

WA1 Eric Roberts x1
WaA Daphne Ashbrook x 4
WA3 Paul McGann x 1
WA4 Yee Jee Tso x 3
WA5 Sylvester McCoy x 1
WA6 Sophie Aldred x 4
WA7 Colin Baker x 1
WA8 Peter Davison x 1
WA9 Tom Baker x 0 Frown
WA10 Terry Molloy x 4
WA11 Peter Barkworth x 2
WA12 Tony Selby x 1
WA13 Martin Jarvis x 3
WA14 Sheila Hancock x 2
WA15 Elisabeth Sladen x 1
WA16 Sarah Sutton x 5
WA17 Richard Briers x 2

The spread of auto's is much as I expected with more cards signed by the companions and less by the doctors.

As the Strictly Ink website guarantees a full set of auto's in a case I will be contacting them to get a Tom Baker(I hope they have some spares!).I got my case from Cards Inc,do cardtalkers think I should contact them first or go directly to Strictly Ink? Confused

3 Costume card redemptions

CC1 Sgt Benton uniform x 2
CC2 Spacesuit x 1
CC3 Vengeance on Varos x 0 Frown

3 costume cards is the correct amount for the ratio's stated although I would have liked one of each.I wonder if this means CC3 is going to be a tougher pull.

Overall I quite like the cards.The auto cards are particularly well designed with lots of space for the people to sign.The basic cards are a bit thin but then I am used to sports cards which are rather more sturdy.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of xSaBx
posted Hide Post
if you want to sort out the issues with your case... Big Grin

--
xSaBx :: Mistress of Stuff ::

'I swear I am completely unimpressed by clever answers'
REMEMBER: Take out the 'removemefirst' from my e-mail address to reply...

Posts: 5362 | Location: The South East, United Kingdom | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Andrew David
posted Hide Post
Opened a box last week the auto were
WA11 Peter Barkworth
WA14 Shiela Hancock
WA16 Sarah Sutton

also in the package was an additional auto of Richard Briers.

I had problems with some of the cards in this box. The varnish on some of the card backs was missing or smeared leaving a sticky residue. Strictly ink are going to replace these but I wondered if anyone else had seen anything similar?

Posts: 1719 | Location: Derby, UK | Registered: December 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just to let everyone know Barrie was very quick in getting back to me and is sending the missing auto. Clap

Strictly Ink may have had problems with some of their releases but they are always helpful and do their best to sort things out. Smile

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I,ll second that. I,ve never known Barrie not to help out if he possibly can. Thumb Up

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
2 more boxes ( ordered immediately after opening the original 3 boxes and Barrie very kindly put another couple of autos in too )

Box 0255

2x base sets of 100 cards
Foils 1, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 12

Costume Redemption CC2 for the Peter Davison spacesuit

Autographs

WA9 Tom Baker ( Just a straight signature this time )
WA13 Martin Jarvis
WA14 Sheila Hancock

Box 0257

Foils 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 and 2X f14

Autographs

WA2 Daphne Ashbrook
WA8 Sophie Aldred Luv You Luv You
WA13 Martin Jarvis

Posts: 1855 | Location: Urmston, United Kingdom | Registered: August 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Got my Tom Baker auto I was missing from my case in the mail today as well as a Sarah Sutton Auto. Smile

Excellent service as I bet their office only got back from the Xmas/new year break yesterday. Thumb Up

I am also 99% certain that there were only 2 costume redemption cards and that the Peter Davison Vengeance on Varos was pulled from the set.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
WA2 - Daphne Ashbrook
WA13 - Martin Jarvis
WA15 - Elisabeth Sladen Big Grin

CC2 - Peter Davison costume card (Planet of Fire costume) Big Grin

11 Foil cards.

Posts: 3253 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Andrew David
posted Hide Post
WA2 Daphne Ashbrook Bouncey
WA10 Terry Molloy
WA16 Sarah Sutton

'Chap with wing's five rounds rapid':- Brigadier Leithbridge Stewart.

Posts: 1719 | Location: Derby, UK | Registered: December 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Card Dude
posted Hide Post
Yet another box from the NEC Smile

WA4 Yee Jee Tso
WA6 Sophie Aldred
WA7 Colin Baker Big Grin

Yey!

Posts: 1117 | Location: UK | Registered: December 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I did a case of this, (I got it very cheap) and in every box you got at least 3 autos, I only got two Costume redemption cards.......
It roughly worked out as follows

30 sets should be in a case

10 Foil sets of 14 and a few spare cards.

3 Auto's in each box breaking as

WA1 Eric Roberts x1
WA2 Daphne Ashbrook x 4
WA3 Paul McGann x 1
WA4 Yee Jee Tso x 3
WA5 Sylvester McCoy x 1
WA6 Sophie Aldred x 4
WA7 Colin Baker x 1
WA8 Peter Davison x 1
WA9 Tom Baker x 1
WA10 Terry Molloy x 4
WA11 Peter Barkworth x 2
WA12 Tony Selby x 1
WA13 Martin Jarvis x 3
WA14 Sheila Hancock x 2
WA15 Elisabeth Sladen x 1
WA16 Sarah Sutton x 5
WA17 Richard Briers x 2
WA18 Case Loader card X 1

Supposed to be 1 Costume redemption card in every 4 boxes.... I only got
CC1 Redemption And CC2 Redemption, Does CC3 Exist????
I was lucky to get a complete run of Autos Smile

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
A sealed case of this product was guaranteed to have a full run of auto's.Mine was missing the Tom Baker and Strictly Ink sent me one as soon as I notified them.

CC3 does exist as I saw another member of Cardtalk selling it on Ebay but I don't know where Scouse 691 got it from.I e-mailed Barrie at Strictly Ink but he did not get back to me.I have not seen any others anywhere including several high volume dealers who usually get everything.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I got my costume cards today and there was a CC3 included in the package even though I did not send in a redemption card for it Smile.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Box no 2065

Autos
WA4 Yee Jee Tso
WA6 Sophie Aldred Luv You
WA12 Tony Selby Thumb Up

Foils
F1, F2, F4, F5, F6 (x2), F7, F8, F10, F11, F12 and F14

Ordered as one of the special offers when the costume cards arrived. Once again thanks Barrie & co.

He's ancient and forever.
He burns at the centre of Time and he can see the turn of the Universe.
And...
He's WONDERFUL.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
Box 2999

1 base set
12 foil cards (1 duplicate)
1 autograph WA17 - Richard Briers Frown
1 costume card redemption CC2 Smile

Only 1 autograph (usually 3) and a duplicate at that, but I did get a costume card (only one of each per case!).

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of blwilson
posted Hide Post
Box 0495

Base sets x2
Gold-foil cards x12 (all different)
Autograph cards x3 WA5 Sylvester McCoy, WA11 Peter Barkworth, WA17 Richard Biers

Pretty cool set! We were happy with the three autographs.

Blair

wuher, Scott Rammel, Bond, mars53, Arvin Sloane, Larry C., silmapco, MrSpeed719, spidergoblin, mark64, steve j, barrowjack, indypat75, ra4dunb, Avalon, hammer, Gregor1968, Rich, Scifi Cards, Ryan Cracknell, UofLHoops, Cee_Jay, rachandcarl, brandocles, venom5liter, Warrior Babe, manolito, SciFi Mom, Ariana, Craig, beleay, kidtrek, eman, iki927, jane

Posts: 281 | Location: Surrey, BC, Canada | Registered: January 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There are only two costume cards inserted into the packs at 1:4 Boxes CC1 and CC2 there is a CC3 that was rondomly distributed to dealers and fans who sent the redemptions for the costumecards

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Rich
posted Hide Post
Well, I'm a little late in the game on this set, but I just recently purchased a box off of a nice UK dealer. Here's what I found inside:

2 complete sets

Foil cards: F1, F2, F3, F4, F6, F8, F9, F10, F11, F12, F13, F14.

3 auto cards
WA3 Paul McGann
WA4 Yee Jee Tso
WA17 Richard Briers

I was happy to get a Doctor, but I was really hoping for Tom Baker. I love Doctor Who and Baker was the Doctor that I grew up watching. An Elizabeth Sladen would've been nice too, but I picked up an earlier Sladen autograph (A12) for $25, so I'm pretty pleased.

Is the McGann a good pull? I couldn't find any on Ebay and this set isn't listed in NSU.

Overall, I really like this set. Strictly Ink did a great job with this release! Thumb Up

Posts: 768 | Location: Kokomo, IN | Registered: January 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post