Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Treasure Chests and Booty (Bad Axe Studios)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Treasure Chests and Booty (Bad Axe Studios)
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted
Purchased 5 sets, each is a 51 card factory set with one original sketch card, and randomly inserted bonus cards. Pulled a nice card by my buddy Kate Bradley, very happy, a nice quality set with great sketch cards!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of MvG
posted Hide Post
Great sketches! Really like the one with the sword.

Can you see from the outside of the factory set which sketch you'll get or is the sketch 'hidden' inside the set?

Posts: 792 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: April 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Sketch is in the middle of a sealed case, so it's completely random.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of MvG
posted Hide Post
Ok, thanks! Then I am going to buy a couple of those beauties too :-)

Posts: 792 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: April 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Be careful when buying 'sealed' sets -- the tops of the boxes are sealed, but the bottom of the boxes are not. They can easily be opened and closed, so it wouldn't be hard for someone to search sketches. The set sold out, so I think the only source for sets is the secondary market.

Jon

Posts: 5415 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of EriktheArchitect
posted Hide Post
Missed the pre order. Sets are sold out. Sketches are appearing on ebay. Looks like the sets were opened just to sell the sketches! Wonder if any base sets will show up cheaply?

Posts: 1162 | Location: Just NW of Hazzard County Georgia USA | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EriktheArchitect:
Missed the pre order. Sets are sold out. Sketches are appearing on ebay. Looks like the sets were opened just to sell the sketches! Wonder if any base sets will show up cheaply?

No question. The same format with Legends and Lore and Essence of Fairyland has the base sets selling for less than $5.

Still I would definitely have bought a few sealed packs to get a shot at the best sketches but it sold out really quick and as Webjon said buying on the secondary market can be dicey.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of MvG
posted Hide Post
I bought a set on the secondary market. I hope the seller did not cherry pick the boxes... i let you know what I pulled, if it's an Axebone I know for sure he didn't :-)

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I managed to pick up 7 of these sets in the initial release and I'm really pleased with my sketch card pulls. As they appear in the scans below, I got: Soni Alcorn-Hender, Charles Hall, Craig Yeung, Elaine Perna, George Davis, John Watkins Chow, Jason Keith Phillips.

The Soni and George Davis sketches were rare as they only did 15 and 10 sketches for set respectively. Most of the artists did 25. An excellent first production from Bad Axe Studios. I've already started saving my pennies for the next release sometime in 2011.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of MvG
posted Hide Post
Great pulls Kevin! The Davis is funny Big Grin

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
quote:
Originally posted by EriktheArchitect:

No question. The same format with Legends and Lore and Essence of Fairyland has the base sets selling for less than $5.

Still I would definitely have bought a few sealed packs to get a shot at the best sketches but it sold out really quick and as Webjon said buying on the secondary market can be dicey.

Just got a base set for $4 Smile .If I had waited another few days would have probably got it for even less Roll Eyes .

The sketches are so good I reckon people who bought the sealed boxes in the original pre-sale could give away the base sets and still make a profit.Even the weakest sketches are going for $15-$20 and the vast majority are selling for more.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
Just got a base set for $4 Smile .If I had waited another few days would have probably got it for even less Roll Eyes .

The sketches are so good I reckon people who bought the sealed boxes in the original pre-sale could give away the base sets and still make a profit.Even the weakest sketches are going for $15-$20 and the vast majority are selling for more.
A couple of the dealers who bought large numbers are pretty much giving away the base sets over on the Scoundrel Forums but principally to the artists who want copies of their base cards.

This has been an amazing first set from Axebone/Bad Axe Studios. I didn't buy to sell but rather wish I had done as it would probably have been a doddle even for me to keep some favourites, including a lot of the big hitters, and sell the rest to break even, never mind making a profit. I'm now waiting to see what the theme is for the next set...and saving like mad so I can jump in when they go on sale Smile

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post