Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Babes of Retro 2 ( Artists Assemble , 2023 )
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Babes of Retro 2 ( Artists Assemble , 2023 )
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
Got 10 packs , three had just a sketch card , four had a sketch card and a Babelicious subset card , two had two sketches , and one had a sketch and an oversize sketch .

Also had extras from the unlocked stretch goals , a 1995 Marvel Overpower Heroine card , a 1994 Best of Olivia Chromium card , a 6 x 9 Bewitched print , a Sigourney Weaver as Ripley oversize card , a limited edition Cara Nicole card and a 5 x 7 print of a watercolour of Harley Quinn by Bianca Thompson .

The sketches :

Winona Ryder by Jane Rushton , Lorraine Baines ( BTTF ) by Jason Shoemaker .

Evil Lyn and Baroness ( G.I.Joe ) , both by Andrew Lopez .

Carrie Kelley by Dan Walls , Scarlett by Laura Inglis .

Gloria ( Heavy Metal ) and Natalie Cook ( Charlies Angels ) , both by April Reyna .

Cindy Crawford by Sat Phoun , Mathilda ( Leon ) by Dan Lawler .

Sarah Shagal ( Fearless Vampire Killers ) and Honey Rider oversize card , both by Neil Brady .

Elizabeth Comstock ( Bioshock ) by Andy Bohm .

Some nice artwork but I have to admit some of the characters are a bit obscure . Also would have liked a better spread of artists , three repeats in 10 packs is a bit much .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Perhaps if you named the actor, rather than the character, you might get more recognition.

You identified Winona Ryder and Cindy Crawford. Lorraine Baines is Lea Thompson in "Back to the Future. Mathilda is Natalie Portman in "The Professional". Sarah Shagal is Sharon Tate and Doctor No"'s Honey Rider is of course Ursula Andress. I like those last two, and the Crawford, the best. The others I can't name on sight.

Posts: 10408 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Perhaps if you named the actor, rather than the character, you might get more recognition.

You identified Winona Ryder and Cindy Crawford. Lorraine Baines is Lea Thompson in "Back to the Future. Mathilda is Natalie Portman in "The Professional". Sarah Shagal is Sharon Tate and Doctor No"'s Honey Rider is of course Ursula Andress. I like those last two, and the Crawford, the best. The others I can't name on sight.

I'd love to name the actor but the only clue to who the subject is is what the artist has written on the back of the card . I have googled the names since and found the following :

Natalie Cook is from Charlies Angels and played by Cameron Diaz .

Gloria is from an animated film called So Beautiful and So Dangerous and voiced by Alice Playten .

Carrie Kelley is a Frank Miller creation first appearing in the Batman Dark Knight Returns graphic novel . The character has appeared in multiple animated tv shows and films voiced by different actors , none of whom I am familiar with .

Evil Lyn is from the cartoon He Man and the Masters of the Universe voiced by Linda Gary and by Meg Foster in the live action film .

Baroness was played by Sienna Miller in the film G.I. Joe The Rise of Cobra and by Ursula Corbero in the reboot film Snake Eyes .

I had assumed Scarlett was Scarlett Johannsen but in fact Scarlett is another character from G.I.Joe played by Rachel Nicholls in The Rise of Cobra and Samara Weaving in Snake Eyes .

Elizabeth Comstock is from the computer game Bioshock and is voiced by Courtney Draper .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
None of those other actors, Foster, Miller or Diaz, really resemble the sketches. The rest, I wouldn't know about.

The most desirable one is probably the Fearless Vampires Killers because its poor Sharon Tate and it's a decent likeness. There is still a following for her. That was a terrible movie BTW. Hard to believe Roman Polanski got a career out of it.

Posts: 10408 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post