Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Star Trek TOS Archives and Inscriptions (Rittenhouse Archives, 2020)

This topic can be found at:
http://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4026073384/m/1647083396

May 11, 2020, 12:23 PM
Don Norton
Star Trek TOS Archives and Inscriptions (Rittenhouse Archives, 2020)
Just got my box a few minutes ago. Here's what was in box 3570:
1 set of 98 base cards, with 16 duplicate numbers with different quotes
2 City on the Edge of Forever 9 and 39.
2 Heroes and Villains Expansion
1 Inscription autograph
Emily Banks as Tonia Barrows "Tonia Barrows" Scarce
1 Regular Autograph
Julie Ann Johnson as Yeoman Landon

Thoughts about this set:
I like the base set and the idea of multiple quotes, all the extra base cards were secondary cast, not the main cast members. Good luck on completing the 44 City on the Edge of Forever set, you will only need 22 boxes. The 2 autos are not major cast, but I do not have either of them in my Trek auto collection.
May 11, 2020, 01:56 PM
cardaddict
I want the three April Tatro autographs from this set!
May 11, 2020, 03:01 PM
allender
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
I want the three April Tatro autographs from this set!

Preferably inscribed "Meow"?
May 11, 2020, 03:58 PM
cardaddict
How did you know?
BTW, I bought one on E-Bay, the bordered, for what I hope was a good price, two to go.
To paraphrase Michael Corleone, "Just when you think you're out of the card collecting game, they pull you back in again with their sexy claws!"
May 14, 2020, 08:40 AM
AJJ
Box 3935

One base set (was missing card #70 from the box but the replacement card arrived from RA today)

City on the Edge of Forever: 17,30
Heroes and Villians: Heroes 117, Villians 103

Inscription Auto: A39 David Frankham as Larry Marvick in "Is There in Truth no Beauty". The inscription is the title of the episode
A331 John Hugh McKnight as Inmate Guard "Dagger of the Mind"

____________________
"No time like the present to change the future"
May 14, 2020, 08:50 AM
cardaddict
Two claws down, one to go.
May 14, 2020, 08:55 AM
wolfie
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
Two claws down, one to go.


Your doing very well for somebody who has give up. Big Grin

____________________
Come, it is time for you to keep your appointment with The Wicker Man.
May 14, 2020, 09:43 AM
cardaddict
I make exceptions for what I consider exceptional cards. This does not happen very often.
May 15, 2020, 12:38 AM
catskilleagle
She was on the show for only a few seconds, and yet fifty years later, we all still remember her. I also recall that the Gary Seven character was going to have his own show but it never got off the ground. I think it would have been fun. The current Star Trek producers could still do something with the idea whether as a movie or one of those 8 episode projects everybody seems to be doing now for Netflix or whatever.

Jess


quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
I make exceptions for what I consider exceptional cards. This does not happen very often.

May 17, 2020, 04:12 PM
Curler
I opened two boxes of this release.

Box 1467
1 98 base card set with 16 other base cards with different incscriptions
Heroes and Villains expansion cards 108 and 115
The City on the Edge of Forever cards 37 and 43
Deborah Downey as Girl #1 inscription autograph A41, "Jamming with Spock"
A306 Judi Sherven as Enterprise Nurse

Box 5049
This box did not have one base set. It is short 13 cards for a base set. It did have a base card duplicate with the same inscription, #85, 1 of 9.
Heroes and Villains expansion cards 114 and 117
The City on the Edge of Forever cards 20 and 28
Redemption card for 1 set of Laser Cut Villains Expansion
Charlie Brill as Arne Darvin inscription autograph A24, "I hate Tribbles"
Barbara Luna as Marlena silver signature autograph

I am happy to have pulled the redemption card.

I only have the one duplicate inscription card out of the boxes.
May 17, 2020, 04:44 PM
hammer
quote:
Originally posted by Curler:
I opened two boxes of this release.

Box 1467
1 98 base card set with 16 other base cards with different incscriptions
Heroes and Villains expansion cards 108 and 115
The City on the Edge of Forever cards 37 and 43
Deborah Downey as Girl #1 inscription autograph A41, "Jamming with Spock"
A306 Judi Sherven as Enterprise Nurse

Box 5049
This box did not have one base set. It is short 13 cards for a base set. It did have a base card duplicate with the same inscription, #85, 1 of 9.
Heroes and Villains expansion cards 114 and 117
The City on the Edge of Forever cards 20 and 28
Redemption card for 1 set of Laser Cut Villains Expansion
Charlie Brill as Arne Darvin inscription autograph A24, "I hate Tribbles"
Barbara Luna as Marlena silver signature autograph

I am happy to have pulled the redemption card.

I only have the one duplicate inscription card out of the boxes.


It never ends! ! CONGRATS on the redemption
May 17, 2020, 05:02 PM
cardaddict
Will you send in the redemption card or keep it as part of a complete set, searching for the redeemed card on E-Bay or wherever?

That is why I always disliked redemption cards.
May 20, 2020, 02:03 PM
Raj
Opened 2 boxes.

Haven't sorted the base cards but first box had two autographs but neither was an inscription one.

Autos
first box
Mal Freidman as Hendorff in The Apple (A297)
Julie Ann Johnson as Yoeman landon in The Apple (A307)

second box
George Takei as Sulu - inscription "Lt. Sulu"
Louise Sorel as Rayna Kapec (silver ink)

Others
The City on the Edge of Forever 1, 2, 22, 39
Heroes and Villains 105 (x2) (Captain Christopher), 108 (Elias Sandoval), 115 (Sarek)


Sorted the base cards
first box was missing 3 base cards and the second box was missing 24.
The missing 3 from the first box were also missing from the second box.
None of the extras from the first box made up the missing ones for the second.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raj,
May 20, 2020, 05:03 PM
Raven
quote:
Originally posted by Raj:
Sorted the base cards
first box was missing 3 base cards and the second box was missing 24.
The missing 3 from the first box were also missing from the second box.
None of the extras from the first box made up the missing ones for the second.


Seems unlike RA to be so far off, you should contact them. You need at least one base set.
May 21, 2020, 04:43 PM
Raj
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:
Originally posted by Raj:
Sorted the base cards
first box was missing 3 base cards and the second box was missing 24.
The missing 3 from the first box were also missing from the second box.
None of the extras from the first box made up the missing ones for the second.


Seems unlike RA to be so far off, you should contact them. You need at least one base set.


Done. They're going to send the missing cards.
May 21, 2020, 10:37 PM
Raven
quote:
Originally posted by Raj:
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:
Originally posted by Raj:
Sorted the base cards
first box was missing 3 base cards and the second box was missing 24.
The missing 3 from the first box were also missing from the second box.
None of the extras from the first box made up the missing ones for the second.


Seems unlike RA to be so far off, you should contact them. You need at least one base set.


Done. They're going to send the missing cards.


Perhaps they are aware of some packing problems, but as long as you got a swift correction that's all you can ask for, so kudos to RA's customer service. Thumb Up
May 31, 2020, 04:12 PM
Curler
quote:
Will you send in the redemption card or keep it as part of a complete set, searching for the redeemed card on E-Bay or wherever?

That is why I always disliked redemption cards.


I chose to send in the redemption card. It would have been nice if you could have redeemed it through a unique alpha-numeric code so you could keep the redemption card as it came.

Rittenhouse is going to send my missing base cards with the redemption set. Their customer service replied very quickly.
June 06, 2020, 12:09 PM
cardaddict
I have gotten my 3 strikes on the April Tatro autograph cards, shown here with a sketch card by Richard Salvucci I bought on E-Bay in 2010, mistakenly identifying the actress playing Isis as Victoria Veri, against a lobby card from 1957's THE CAT GIRL. Can you guess the theme here?


June 06, 2020, 12:17 PM
wolfie
Well done, i would love to have those, enjoy. Smile

____________________
Come, it is time for you to keep your appointment with The Wicker Man.
July 19, 2020, 06:37 PM
Curler
The redemption card was not returned with the laser cut cards.