Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Fantastic Four Movie Trading Cards 2005 (Upper Deck)

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4026073384/m/1571055701

July 14, 2005, 08:16 AM
allender
Fantastic Four Movie Trading Cards 2005 (Upper Deck)
A trading friend wonders if there were short prints on some commons, because the 22 he needs for a complete set are the same 22 as the ones on my list: 1 5 9 10 22 23 25 27 31 32 45 48 56 61 68 80 81 93 95 96 97 100.

Was this just a case of matched boxes, or are other people missing the same numbers?

J
July 14, 2005, 11:48 AM
kingraider32
how much do boxes cost? Or how much did you folks pay? a card shop says he get one for around $60, but that sounds high.

July 14, 2005, 02:36 PM
Scifi Cards
quote:
Originally posted by kingraider32:
how much do boxes cost? Or how much did you folks pay? a card shop says he get one for around $60, but that sounds high.

That's a little high, but they probably have to pay freight and all on a special order to get it.

These have been going from $40-$48 plus shipping most places.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

July 14, 2005, 03:05 PM
venom5liter
quote:

I paid $25/box for mine.

Trade List | Want List | NonSport Collection | Wrestling Collection | Facebook
July 14, 2005, 09:51 PM
Scifi Cards
quote:
Originally posted by venom5liter:
I paid $25/box for mine.

Wow! Eek I'd get another case at that price. That is Signifcantly below dealer price.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

July 14, 2005, 10:22 PM
Redemption
quote:
quote:

I paid $25/box for mine.

Eek What?! Did it fall off a truck or something? Were the Sopranos involved?! Big Grin

July 14, 2005, 11:07 PM
venom5liter
quote:
Originally posted by Redemption:
Eek What?! Did it fall off a truck or something? Were the Sopranos involved?! Big Grin

I have a very nice comic shop guy. I think he was charging $36 a box, but he gave me a deal since I was buying the rest of his stock. Thumb Up

Trade List | Want List | NonSport Collection | Wrestling Collection | Facebook
July 14, 2005, 11:26 PM
Redemption
quote:
I have a very nice comic shop guy. I think he was charging $36 a box, but he gave me a deal since I was buying the rest of his stock. Thumb Up

That's a very, very, very nice guy! Thumb Up

Good for you! Wink

July 14, 2005, 11:36 PM
spidergoblin
quote:
Originally posted by allender:
A trading friend wonders if there were short prints on some commons, because the 22 he needs for a complete set are the same 22 as the ones on my list: 1 5 9 10 22 23 25 27 31 32 45 48 56 61 68 80 81 93 95 96 97 100.

Was this just a case of matched boxes, or are other people missing the same numbers?

J

I was missing 28 commons for my second set.But they were all different #'s than what you posted.

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper
July 18, 2005, 03:56 PM
Andrew David
quote:
Originally posted by Kimberley M:
Has anyone in the UK managed to get hold of any boxes? I haven't seen these anywhere online.

Yes, a dealer at Donnington had them yesterday and has them on his site.

July 19, 2005, 10:53 AM
cverdec
Picked up 2 boxes at Comic Con

Box 1
Base Set: 1
Costume: DD001 (1135/1899), DD002 (920/999)

Box 2
Base Set: 1
Costume: DD003 (2989/4999), FF007 (20/399)-Thing's Pants

All of my Dr. Doom pulls are black version. DD003 has a slight blue sheen to it.

Chris
July 21, 2005, 09:52 PM
molly
Where do you guys buy these cards other than online? I want to get some costume cards but i dont know if I can fork over the money for a box.. they seem to be all at least $50 on ebay. Does anyone know any cheaper sites? I bought like 20 packs and still havent gotten one. The only store I saw that had them was toys r us, and they only had 4 packs Frown i only know of one card store here (northern va) and they said they dont sell them booooo
July 21, 2005, 09:58 PM
Redemption
quote:
Originally posted by molly:
Where do you guys buy these cards other than online? I want to get some costume cards but i dont know if I can fork over the money for a box.. they seem to be all at least $50 on ebay. Does anyone know any cheaper sites? I bought like 20 packs and still havent gotten one. The only store I saw that had them was toys r us, and they only had 4 packs Frown i only know of one card store here (northern va) and they said they dont sell them booooo

Molly, I've gotten all of them except the real rare ones (The Thing & Sue Storm & one Mr. Fantastic) pretty cheap on ebay... most under fifteen, some under ten.

The Dooms are practically given away. You just need to have patience and keep searching.

July 21, 2005, 10:12 PM
molly
Hey thanks for the advice.. I have thought about buying the human torch one on ebay because I have seen it for reasonable prices.. I'm not that interested in Doom, I just dont like him haha... but he is the cheapest one since he has so many variations. I guess im just such a girl and I really want the Sue Storm one but that one is extremely expensive.. I've collected half the set.. so buying a box just doesnt sound worth it because I'll have an abundence of common cards.. I'll just keep looking and maybe I'll cave in and buy them on ebay Smile
July 21, 2005, 10:29 PM
Redemption
quote:
Originally posted by molly:
I guess im just such a girl and I really want the Sue Storm one but that one is extremely expensive..

Hey, I'm just a boy and I really want one of hers too, but they're out of my price range too. Wink

August 11, 2005, 03:30 PM
molly
Well, I broke down and bought a box.. but i got a real sucky one Frown I didnt get a whole set and I only got 1 costume card, Dr. Doom's cloak. And even put together with cards I already have.. I still dont have a full set. i wonder if some of the cards were less printed than others... I wrote down the entire breakdown and it seems like I have at least 2 of 76 of the cards, only 1 of 22 of the cards, and then I have no #12 or #60..

i'm spent, i can't afford anymore lol.. i'm going to have to complete this set by trading or something
August 11, 2005, 04:10 PM
Redemption
Darn shoot... that really sucks Molly! Shake Head

I wish I could help, but I haven't bought a box so I haven't even gotten any of the base cards yet. Frown

August 11, 2005, 04:11 PM
spidergoblin
Molly..
I have both #12 & #60

Please check my commons wants in the trading section.
Whether you have anything of my wants or not,the two F4 commons are yours. Thumb Up

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper
August 11, 2005, 07:37 PM
molly
thanks for your sympahty guys lol

spider goblin thanks a lot, i'm still organizing all of my cards and when i am done i will see if i have the ones you need, im sure i have a few of them

ill pm you or email or something Smile thanks so much
August 18, 2005, 09:28 AM
Lara7320
just opened a second box today. Looks like one base set, but I pulled a Doom Cloak DD003 0080/4999. Can someone enlighten me on the significance of low numbers? I was bummed that I only got one costume out of this box, but I'm thinking it's because my costume card had a low number. It could just be random chance, however.