Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Walking Dead Season 3 Part 1 (Cryptozoic, 2014)

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4026073384/m/1357014176

June 26, 2014, 10:20 PM
archifou
Walking Dead Season 3 Part 1 (Cryptozoic, 2014)
This is a very nice product. Can wait to bust my second case:

Box 01: A6 and M35
Box 02: A11 and M37
Box 03: A12 and M12
Box 04: A10 and M7
Box 05: AM1 and M8
Box 06: A2 and SC-01
Box 07: A7 and M3
Box 08: AM4 and M36
Box 09: AM3 and M14
Box 10: A8 and M1
Box 11: A3, M20 and Metal #31
Box 12: A4, M21 and sketch by ?

Very please with what I got minus the sketch card.
June 26, 2014, 10:36 PM
chesspieceface
Good stuff! Congrats!

June 26, 2014, 10:43 PM
pendragon
what's wrong with the sketch card?
June 26, 2014, 10:44 PM
archifou
quote:
what's wrong with the sketch card?

I have difficult taste about sketch cards but it's not a bad sketch :P
June 27, 2014, 05:54 AM
wuher
Great break

Traded with: RupT, Mar53, LUZNDAVE, Cardz_house , INDYPAT75, blwilson, KADRAN00157, Card Reaper, Tangent, Shaunicus, Ifish, wolfie, rwn410, Geoff bovey, WarriorBabe, womble
June 27, 2014, 11:20 AM
Deena
Case 1 Breakdown:

15 Base 72 Card Sets plus extras

2 Complete Grimes Family Shadowbox Sets( 9 card set) plus GF-02, GF-03, GF-04, GF-06, GF-07, and GF-08

2 Complete The Prison Foil-Stamped Sets (9 card set) plus TP-01 (2), TP-02, TP-07, TP-08, and TP-09

Sketch: 1 Walker Sketch by Tim Proctor

Metal Parallel Card: 1 Four-color (Base Set Number 4)

Prop Card SC-01: 0

Autograph:

Autograph Wardrobe:

Wardrobe:

June 27, 2014, 05:09 PM
chesspieceface
That looks to be a fantastic break, especially where the autographs are concerned, Deena. Congrats!
(Please show your Proctor sketch, if you are able. He does great work.)

June 27, 2014, 11:38 PM
archifou
Didn't get luck with the Wardrobes this time. Have several to trade along autos and autos/wardrobe. At least I have completed the regular autograph set Smile

Box 01: A12 and M9
Box 02: A5 and M2
Box 03: A10 (blank) and M20
Box 04: A11 and M24 Smile
Box 05: A6 and M36
Box 06: A9 and M21
Box 07: A4 and M25
Box 08: AM5 and M17
Box 09: A2, M37 and sketch by Salvucci
Box 10: A8 and M35
Box 11: AM1 and AM4
Box 12: A1, M5 and Gold Metal #35

Will post my extra to trade shortly.

Still waiting from 2 boxes - Cryptozoic next week.
June 28, 2014, 12:23 PM
Deena
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
That looks to be a fantastic break, especially where the autographs are concerned, Deena. Congrats!
(Please show your Proctor sketch, if you are able. He does great work.)

Thanks! Yes, it was a pretty good break. Unfortunately, my scanner isn't working now. I should replace it; but, I keep spending money on cards instead Big Grin
June 28, 2014, 12:36 PM
Deena
Case 2 Breakdown:

16 Base 72 Card Sets plus extras

2 Complete Grimes Family Shadowbox Sets( 9 card set) plus extras

2 Complete The Prison Foil-Stamped Sets (9 card set) plus extras

Sketch: 1 really nice sketch of Carl looking at sheriff badge by Plinio Pinto

Metal Parallel Card: 1 Gold (Base Set Number 28)

Prop Card SC-01: 1 -- YAY!!!

Autograph:

Autograph Wardrobe:

Wardrobe:

Overall, I was very pleased. I was rather shocked that there was not more duplication between my two cases.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Deena,
June 29, 2014, 08:18 PM
cheifbrody
Just opened a box, had 1 Lew Temple auto and 0 wardrobe ? box says autos 1 in 12 and wardrobe 1 in 24, after all this time waiting have I been had
June 30, 2014, 12:34 AM
chesspieceface
All these breaks show one autograph per box, so I don't think those are two per box.
They do seem to owe you a wardrobe card, which I'm sure they'll send you if you let them know.

June 30, 2014, 01:43 AM
Ryan Cracknell
quote:
Originally posted by cheifbrody:
Just opened a box, had 1 Lew Temple auto and 0 wardrobe ? box says autos 1 in 12 and wardrobe 1 in 24, after all this time waiting have I been had

There was apparently an error with the odds on the packs. Autos have been advertised as one per box everywhere else. It looks as though you were definitely shorted on the costume side though.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook
June 30, 2014, 04:54 AM
cheifbrody
Wonderful, there are 37 wardrobe cards to collect ? 1 per box ? as if it wasn't going to be hard enough collecting them as it was. opened another box had a auto and wardrobe, but noticed one packet had only three base cards in it ?
June 30, 2014, 01:04 PM
Deena
quote:
Wonderful, there are 37 wardrobe cards to collect ? 1 per box ? as if it wasn't going to be hard enough collecting them as it was. opened another box had a auto and wardrobe, but noticed one packet had only three base cards in it ?

In several boxes, I've had packs with 1 to 4 cards. Sometimes, they have been balanced with packs with 6 to 8 cards; but, at other times, packs have just been short on cards.
June 30, 2014, 01:12 PM
Deena
Box 1:

Grimes Family Shadowbox: GF-02 and GF-04

The Prison Foil-Stamped Sets: TP-04 and TP-07

Autograph: A7 Emily Kinney

Wardrobe: M2 Lori -- my 3rd M2...definitely will be on my trade list!

Box 2:

1 Base 72 Card Set plus extras

Grimes Family Shadowbox: GF-02 and GF-07

The Prison Foil-Stamped Sets: TP-01 and TP-07

Autograph: A3 Lauren Cohan

Wardrobe: M35 Maggie (from Season 2)

Box 3:

Grimes Family Shadowbox: GF-04 and GF-08

The Prison Foil-Stamped Sets: TP-04 and TP-06

Autograph Wardrobe: AM2 Lauren Cohan -- Different color (Black) than the one I got in a different case (Beige)

Wardrobe: M37 Carol (from Season 2)

Box 4:

Grimes Family Shadowbox: GF-05 and GF-09

The Prison Foil-Stamped Sets: TP-02 and TP-08

Autograph: A12 Sarah Wayne Callies

Wardrobe: M14 Prisoners' Shoes

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Deena,
June 30, 2014, 01:28 PM
chesspieceface
quote:

Heh, not to mention that I looked at just ONE wardrobe card of Beth last night, #24 I think it was, and I guess it's a super short print. Anyway, it was at well over $100 with plenty of time left. That's for ONE card out of a big set! Good luck to anyone trying to finish the wardrobe set. The big autographs seem to be flowing pretty freely at least.

June 30, 2014, 08:19 PM
cheifbrody
quote:

Just went to sort base cards from this box, found 3 unopened packets, still didn't have a wardrobe, hilarious.
June 30, 2014, 11:12 PM
Raven
quote:
Originally posted by Deena:
quote:

In several boxes, I've had packs with 1 to 4 cards. Sometimes, they have been balanced with packs with 6 to 8 cards; but, at other times, packs have just been short on cards.

Can't understand why the card count is so off in certain packs. Where is quality control, this is not their first rodeo.
July 03, 2014, 05:35 AM
cheifbrody
Paid for another box, NO AUTOGRAPH, am I that big a loser ? cryptozoic are ripping me off, I'm furious.

You pay for a product and wait for it to arrive, then when you open it, the reason you bought it is not included ? no autograph, you get the statement, odds not guaranteed, which really means, you may get ripped off.

when I was searching for the auto in the last packs, 3 packs in a row only had 4 base cards, was this maybe where the hit should/shouldn't get included ?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cheifbrody,