Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Star Wars Illustrated: The Empire Strikes Back (Topps. 2015)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars Illustrated: The Empire Strikes Back (Topps. 2015)
 Login/Join

NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted
Surprised nobody has posted on these. I've been buying packs for the last three days, I wound up buying every pack in a box, finally found the sketch in the second to last pack.
24 packs per box.
Got one full set of 100 base cards, plus 7 extras
8 Purple foil parallels
2 Bronze foil parallels
1 Gold foil parallel, numbered 2/10 on base card #87

12 One Year Earlier cards, nicely done by Grant Gould
8 of 10 One Sheet Reimagined poster art cards by various artists
4 of 10 Mission Capture Skywalker with photos of various characters
1 autograph Matt Busch on card #86
1 Panoramic Sketch Princess Leia by Jessica Hickman

The base card art is nicely done by Matt Busch and Randy Martinez. The panoramic sketch folds in the middle, would like to see more use of all this space, since the nice headshot of Leia by Hickman could easily fit on a regular sized card. The one sheet reimagined posters are beautiful, and Grant Gould always does a nice job, the One Year Earlier set is pretty cool.A nice set.

Posts: 2914 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
I got pretty much the same as above inserts-wise, but no gold parallel and my artist autograph was Randy Martinez. Instead of a panorama, I got a Sketchagraph of Boba Fett by Ben Dunn, a popular anime artist. It's pretty nice and Bulloch's signature remains one of the nicest there are. The man takes pride in signing his name.
I'll post the picture tomorrow.

Posts: 3328 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Hobby box I got while at Philly show...

1 complete set, 8 extras
12 One Year 1,4,5,6,7,8,11,13,14,16,17,18
8 Illustrated MP2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9
4 Mission 2,5,7,8
8 purple parallels 5,13,38,60,73,77,93,99
2 bronze parallels 66,72
1 artist auto Matt Busch #2
1 color sketch C3PO by Jared

Overall C+

Posts: 4230 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
One more, and it had the regular inserts, a Martinez artist autograph, and this simple but effective Panorama sketch from Jessica Hickman.

Posts: 3328 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post