Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
X-Men Origins Wolverine P1

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/274605453/m/9157000326

August 08, 2012, 01:28 PM
David R
X-Men Origins Wolverine P1
I know that supposedly it was never released, as Marvel didn't like the photo, but has anyone ever seen one ? I have not
August 08, 2012, 02:00 PM
BILLZEE
Nor have I...
August 08, 2012, 02:13 PM
wolfie
Were they ever printed?

August 08, 2012, 02:47 PM
David R
I am not sure, but recall all of those other unreleased RA promos that came to light 10 years ago, the variants on Hercules, Xena, Farscape, Outer Limits, and several others, and that P1 for the never released Wild, Wild West Series 2 set. Who knows what else is out there !
August 15, 2012, 12:45 AM
Tattoox
I've heard of a rare variant Spider-Man Archives P3. Never did find on one Ebay.

August 16, 2012, 11:41 AM
David R
A variant on P3 or the actual Spidey P3 ? The P3 promo, itself, is hard to find
August 16, 2012, 07:17 PM
Tattoox
If I'm not mistaken, there's two different P3s. I can check my collection later to verify.

August 16, 2012, 10:25 PM
Tattoox
I just checked. I have a Spider-Man card in the front of my album with the other promos. It's a P3. Back is promoting 70 Years of Marvel. That is the album promo right?

The true P3 has a Spider-Man Archives back.

Put them all together, there should be a total of 6 promos, unless you put the 70 YoM elsewhere. Is that correct?

I also checked my Wolverine Archives. No P1. That's a bummer that it wasn't released.

How could Marvel pull it, when Marvel supplies the images?

August 17, 2012, 12:49 PM
David R
The 70 Years of Marvel P3 is not a variant on the Spider-Man P3. The former is the P3 for the separate Marvel set

A few years ago, what Rittenhouse did for awhile, was put the P3 promo for the next, upcoming Marvel set in the binder. Thus, the Spider Man binder came with the Marvel 70th P3, advertising the Marvel set.

They did this with at least 1 or 2 other Marvel sets. Yes, it was an odd practice.

But the actual Spider-Man P3 promo did not come in ANY binder. It was apparently sent to a few, select dealers and is tough to find