Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
The Pin Up Factory promos

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/274605453/m/8697039696

August 29, 2021, 03:14 PM
Ace of Hearts
The Pin Up Factory promos
How many promos did they make of these? I think they were inserted in a magazine. Forget the name.
Ace
August 30, 2021, 01:35 AM
catskilleagle
There was a 24-card set that Todd noted in PCE but he listed only the ones that didn't show nude photos. You got those with a catalog from the company. I think customers received them a few per catalog over time. I put together a set a few years later. By then, the company had either changed its name to Image 2000 or people from TPF started a new company.

quote:
Originally posted by Ace of Hearts:
How many promos did they make of these? I think they were inserted in a magazine. Forget the name.
Ace

August 30, 2021, 10:38 AM
Tommy C
Was the magazine ACCQ ? I think it was mentioned on the back of some of the cards. Maybe I am thinking of the Teddy Girls promos.

I have never actually seen the magazine.
September 02, 2021, 01:43 AM
Ace of Hearts
Thanks. I think I remember now. That it was called The Pinup Factory or ACCQ. The high teen numbers are a mystery to me. I remember the 2 Barbie Twins cards.
September 02, 2021, 01:45 AM
Ace of Hearts
Adult Card Catalog Quarterly with 2 cards in each edition.
September 03, 2021, 02:01 AM
catskilleagle
You can find images of some of the covers on the web. There were at least 11 issues running from late 1993 to early 1996. I don't know of a listing of the promos in those issues though you could compile a partial list with just those covers you can see on the web now.

quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
Was the magazine ACCQ ? I think it was mentioned on the back of some of the cards. Maybe I am thinking of the Teddy Girls promos.

I have never actually seen the magazine.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: catskilleagle,
September 03, 2021, 02:07 AM
catskilleagle
I have a promo that indicates that The Pin-up Factory and Image 2000 were either the same company or one was part of the other (will try to scan that tomorrow). At some point around 1997 the company appears to have changed its name to Imagine. I think ACCQ was a separate company.

There was another adult card magazine called Lasting Images that was in business in the 90's as well. I've seen that for sale here and there in recent years.

quote:
Originally posted by Ace of Hearts:
Thanks. I think I remember now. That it was called The Pinup Factory or ACCQ. The high teen numbers are a mystery to me. I remember the 2 Barbie Twins cards.

September 05, 2021, 03:24 PM
catskilleagle
Here's that other Pin-Up Factory promo that mentions Image 2000. It is "Card No. 2." - sent out to some of its customers when they knew their birthdays. It measures 3 1/2 x 7 1/2 inches.

This one comes up for sale occasionally. Card No. 1 is harder to find. Both have a similar gimmick. This one has strategically-placed streamers; the other has strategically-placed cupcakes.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: catskilleagle,
September 06, 2021, 09:08 AM
wolfie
Ooooh how come they never knew it was my birthday. Big Grin

September 07, 2021, 12:30 PM
Ace of Hearts
I used to buy from this little card shop where the owner would remove the promos from the magazine (ACCQ) and sell them separately. When I called him on it, he denied knowing anything about it.
Ace