Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    Interesting Auction--Mego Museum
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Interesting Auction--Mego Museum
 Login/Join
 
Gold Card Talk Member
posted
I see an auction "you know where" where the seller has a huge binder, that purports to be ALL of the Mego Museum and Plaid Stallions promos, plus the stickers. However, it does not appear to be complete, as he appears to have only 1 version of the 3 early Mego Museum cards (no idea if they are 1st or 2nd prints) and I am not sure if he has the card # 99 that showed up this summer

Asking price-- $ 900 !
 
Posts: 4044 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
Only Jerks sell these Cards!

The nice folks that pay to have these cards printed have put this verbage on many of their Mego cards.
 
Posts: 2237 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Do cards 91-98 exist ? I've seen only 1-90 and 99
 
Posts: 4044 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
91---98 have not been printed yet.

____________________
Come, it is time for you to keep your appointment with The Wicker Man.
 
Posts: 29016 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of dstrohmeng
posted Hide Post
I think I only have about 5 cards. I could always use some more. Smile
 
Posts: 380 | Location: Buffalo | Registered: February 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have never collected these, but I can say that the Mego Museums that I have seen for sale have always sold for $ 10 and up, each. So perhaps that is a good deal for 90 plus cards

As for the Plaid Stallions, I have never seen more than 3 or 4 total on ebay (perhaps I am looking in the wrong place ?) so if there are 30 different ones out there, maybe this is a good deal for those collecting these cards
 
Posts: 4728 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I have lots of the Mego and Plaidstallions cards to trade if anyone wants to. Smile

____________________
Come, it is time for you to keep your appointment with The Wicker Man.
 
Posts: 29016 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Did this sell, I never found the auction.

____________________
Come, it is time for you to keep your appointment with The Wicker Man.
 
Posts: 29016 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Ended Nov 21 by the seller "due to an error in the listing"

Wolfie, search completed auctions for "Mego Museum". It is the first one that comes up
 
Posts: 4728 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BILLZEE:
Only Jerks sell these Cards!

The nice folks that pay to have these cards printed have put this verbage on many of their Mego cards.


Wow. All cards cost someone to print. I'm sure they don't write it off as others do, but I see cards all the time on ebay that say not for resale. Promos originally were not meant for resale, but ebay changed all of that.

____________________
 
Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
My wife was really into collecting these at one time. This week I stumbled across alot of extras. Maybe she will be interested in trading. I also was looking at what we had. Nowhere near a hundred. She might be interested to catching up. I only like the Marvel stuff, which I put together an extra section for duplicates. I know she has some of the fist and second printings.

____________________
 
Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post



Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
I have never collected these, but I can say that the Mego Museums that I have seen for sale have always sold for $ 10 and up, each. So perhaps that is a good deal for 90 plus cards

As for the Plaid Stallions, I have never seen more than 3 or 4 total on ebay (perhaps I am looking in the wrong place ?) so if there are 30 different ones out there, maybe this is a good deal for those collecting these cards


You don't see them, because it is greatly frowned upon. And possible auctions are reported and closed.

____________________
 
Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tattoox:
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
I have never collected these, but I can say that the Mego Museums that I have seen for sale have always sold for $ 10 and up, each. So perhaps that is a good deal for 90 plus cards

As for the Plaid Stallions, I have never seen more than 3 or 4 total on ebay (perhaps I am looking in the wrong place ?) so if there are 30 different ones out there, maybe this is a good deal for those collecting these cards


You don't see them, because it is greatly frowned upon. And possible auctions are reported and closed.


They may be frowned upon, but they happen all the time--granted, there aren't a lot of them, but they are still there. I haven't seen any listings on the big auction site get closed recently.
 
Posts: 1459 | Location: Prairieville, LA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Did 91 to 98 ever come out ? I know there are 1-90 and 99
 
Posts: 4728 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post
The 91 thru 98 numbers are set aside for Wizard of Oz cards. Whenever they get around to doing them.
 
Posts: 943 | Location: Jesup, GA 31546 | Registered: March 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Did anyone see that auction from the UK that ended in July ?

90 plus Mego Museums

37 different Plaid Stallions

12 other Mego related cards

9 different hard to find stickers


Sold....for a mere $ 16 plus shipping !!!!
 
Posts: 4728 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
Did anyone see that auction from the UK that ended in July ?

90 plus Mego Museums

37 different Plaid Stallions

12 other Mego related cards

9 different hard to find stickers


Sold....for a mere $ 16 plus shipping !!!!


I must have missed that one! Frown
 
Posts: 1459 | Location: Prairieville, LA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I think the whole world missed that one except the winner ( who may have been the seller ). It would be crazy to sell something like that for that amount, some of the sticker cards are really rare and in this case rare does mean rare.

____________________
Come, it is time for you to keep your appointment with The Wicker Man.
 
Posts: 29016 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I couldn't believe it when i saw it yesterday, more than a month after the auction ended

Are they still doing Plaid Stallions ? Was 41 the last one ? When did that come out ?
The PS website only shows photos up to card 33
 
Posts: 4728 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I missed the beginning and much of the history of these cards up to this point. It's another one of those promo series that seemed to start largely unnoticed and picked up a following just as promo collecting became a distinct hobby within trading card collecting.

I think the "not for sale" text is more of a tax thing so that the cards are clearly considered "advertising" and therefore classified as an expense for tax purposes for the Mego Museum. What the recipient of these cards does with them is entirely up to them with no legal nor moral dilemma attached.

I don't have any of these cards but will have to pick up a few at least at some point.



quote:
Originally posted by Tattoox:
quote:
Originally posted by BILLZEE:
Only Jerks sell these Cards!

The nice folks that pay to have these cards printed have put this verbage on many of their Mego cards.


Wow. All cards cost someone to print. I'm sure they don't write it off as others do, but I see cards all the time on ebay that say not for resale. Promos originally were not meant for resale, but ebay changed all of that.
 
Posts: 4448 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2  
 

Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    Interesting Auction--Mego Museum

© Non-Sport Update 2013