STAR WARS What have I found? please identify

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/274605453/m/2897032236

July 15, 2013, 09:46 PM
promoking
STAR WARS What have I found? please identify
http://i261.photobucket.com/al...STARWARSHOLOGRAM.jpg

http://i261.photobucket.com/al...WARSHOLOGRAMBACK.jpg

Is this a promo? If not, is it scarce? When was it issued?

July 15, 2013, 10:00 PM
John Oder
A never released chase card. I've seen them on ebay.
July 15, 2013, 10:07 PM
archifou
Vader hologram card is included with the Galaxy 1 Factory Set and C3PO/R2D2 is included with the Galaxy 2 Factory Set.

They are not rare.
July 15, 2013, 10:13 PM
John Oder
Yea, I just seen one listed as taken form factory set, not available in packs or boxes.
July 15, 2013, 10:14 PM
promoking
Merci Archifou! Alors ce n'est rien d'extraordinaire. C'est facil a a trouver?
OK so I took a chance on an undiscovered promo and I lost. Back to the hunt Roll Eyes

July 15, 2013, 11:16 PM
John Oder
I do it all the time, pays off more than not.
July 16, 2013, 10:20 AM
David R
I have a Topps Star Wars promo that is not listed in PCE, which no one seems to talk about

It is an unnumbered card, that was apparently given out by some artist at a UK show, back in the mid-2000s. It is not a sketch card. It depicts, from what I recall, a prototype drawing of a space ship from one of the original Star Wars movies, and the back talks about how the artist designed same. It is definitely by Topps. Sort of an unusual card. Has anyone else seen this one ?
July 16, 2013, 12:23 PM
wolfie
It came from the Memorabilia show. Topps had set up at the show and had one the artists at their table. He was doing these for anyone who went up and asked for one.

July 16, 2013, 01:16 PM
JR2D2
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
I have a Topps Star Wars promo that is not listed in PCE, which no one seems to talk about

It is an unnumbered card, that was apparently given out by some artist at a UK show, back in the mid-2000s. It is not a sketch card. It depicts, from what I recall, a prototype drawing of a space ship from one of the original Star Wars movies, and the back talks about how the artist designed same. It is definitely by Topps. Sort of an unusual card. Has anyone else seen this one ?

Do you have a scan? Off the top of my head I do not recall ever hearing of this card from the description.
July 16, 2013, 02:13 PM
David R
I can post a scan later this week

Wolfie, to clarify, the card had a printed sketch on it of a spaceship. When you said the artist was "doing it", that suggests that he drew something on it. This was not a sketch card that someone drew on. It is a regular card by Topps.
July 16, 2013, 03:53 PM
wolfie
I know these have sold on ebay in the past but I don't seem to be able to locate one.

July 16, 2013, 07:39 PM
RedFive
quote:
Originally posted by JR2D2:
quote:
Originally posted by David R:

Do you have a scan? Off the top of my head I do not recall ever hearing of this card from the description.

You can see a scan of this card here:

http://starwarsimages.home.com...warsimages/rares.htm
July 17, 2013, 09:25 AM
David R
Yes, that appears to be the one I have. I thought the front image was different, but it's been a few years since I have looked at mine. It's likely the same.

I recall when these came out, they were selling for $100
July 17, 2013, 11:30 AM
wolfie
Yes that's the one, you don't see them very often these days.

July 17, 2013, 03:14 PM
John Oder
There should be a lot of these for sale, I mean, who would want that UGLY card.