Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How many exist?
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info, Bill. You posted the contents of your Coin Cards envelopes earlier in this thread:

https://nonsportupdate.infopop...453/m/1767054686/p/4

quote:
Originally posted by Bill Mullins:
Skyforce, Landforce, Seaforce -- I may be missing one of those cards. It seems like I sent one to Roxanne for an illustration in NSU and didn't ask for it back.

Coin Cards -- I'll have to go look at those to see what is in the envelopes. Maybe later today?

Spaceshots -- Those were distributed by the manufacturer, pretty widely I think. I've seen them signed and unsigned. The signed ones (like in the video) are not authentic autographs. The signatures are printed on the page. Go to Worthpoint and search "Spaceshots sheet promo" and there are many of them, all with identical autographs. I probably got mine at the National Sports Collectors Convention in Atlanta in 1992. The Spaceshots people had a booth there that year, and Buzz Aldrin, Vladimir Dzhanibekov, and Bruce McCandless were all there, signing cards. (Elsewhere I've written that I met James Lovell there, but I was mistaken; I met him at the US Space and Rocket Center here in Huntsville [where Space Camp is conducted]).

3-card strips of Pacific cards. I went to the NSCC in 1992 (Atlanta), 1993 (Chicago), 1994 (Houston), and 1995 (St. Louis). These strips were giveaways at one (or more) of those conventions).

Posts: 4565 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

Spaceshots -- Those were distributed by the manufacturer, pretty widely I think. I've seen them signed and unsigned. The signed ones (like in the video) are not authentic autographs. The signatures are printed on the page. Go to Worthpoint and search "Spaceshots sheet promo" and there are many of them, all with identical autographs. I probably got mine at the National Sports Collectors Convention in Atlanta in 1992. The Spaceshots people had a booth there that year, and Buzz Aldrin, Vladimir Dzhanibekov, and Bruce McCandless were all there, signing cards. (Elsewhere I've written that I met James Lovell there, but I was mistaken; I met him at the US Space and Rocket Center here in Huntsville [where Space Camp is conducted]).

Just noticed that Heritage sold one of these as authentically signed for $189 last year -- surprising!

Posts: 2276 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here are the front and back of the uncut 8-card Blue Comet Press promo sheet (Blue Comet Press, 1993). It contains the 8 numbered promos which were inserted in various comic issues published by Blue Comet Press. PCE2008 listed eight numbered promos plus one unnumbered one so the sheet is strangely missing that last one.

I saw this for sale a couple of weeks ago. The singles aren't seen that often but they don't go for much. I'd never seen the sheet before.

Posts: 4565 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post