Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Open That Box Day Promo Card?

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2701051712/m/6851072322

April 13, 2007, 12:39 PM
Boldlygone
Open That Box Day Promo Card?
Harris, Really looking forward to tomorrow.
I was wondering what your thoughts are about the possibility of having a Open That Box Day Promo Card for 2008?

I thought of this when i came across a Free Comic Book Day promo recently.

Is it something we could all look forward to?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If faced with a difficult choice/decision, Remember this - WWKD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never give up - NEVER surrender
April 13, 2007, 01:05 PM
H_Toser
It's a good idea Boldlygone but where do you envision this card would be handed out?

The thing with Free Comic Book Day is that the idea of the promotion is that you go into comic book shops and they give you promotional material so that you may consider purchasing those items in the future. Our promotion does not have collectors going anywhere like this. I could see maybe supplying retailers with a card to give away to promote the day but I don't know if they would be as excited about these as comics from Marvel, DC, etc. and Naruto cards from Inkworks. Something to think about....

As I said, good idea Boldly.

April 13, 2007, 02:01 PM
sumozilla
- Hand them out at shows thru NSU , dealers , manufacturers
- Put them in the magazine [ in a way they would promote NSU ]
- Give them to retailers , they don't have to be excited , they're getting them for free and they do promote buying boxes .
- Offer a SASE , plenty of promo collectors out there .
- Put CardTalk on them with the website .
sumo
April 13, 2007, 02:22 PM
sumozilla
And another thing .
Get all those sketch card artists to submit a design [ for free of course since their name would be on the card ] and let the cardtalkers vote on their favorite design .
sumo
April 14, 2007, 01:05 AM
dmatsuda
Great idea! Thumb Up
April 15, 2007, 10:29 AM
AJJ
Great idea. The best way to get them to the masses would be include them in the NSU issue before the OTB day.

April 15, 2007, 04:18 PM
Silverback
I would like to thank Harris and NSU and Breygent Marketing for the promo card. It was unexpected but it will most welcome at my house!

Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap

I enjoyed reading about what everyone got out of their box or boxes! Thumb Up

Smokin'

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Silverback,

April 15, 2007, 04:31 PM
wolfie
quote:
Originally posted by Silverback:
I would like to thank Harris and NSU and Byreygent
Smokin'

Please spell the sponsors name correctly. Big Grin Razz

April 15, 2007, 04:41 PM
Silverback
Thanks wolfie, but I already figured that out. It has been corrected! Cool

And for the lukers that sent me all the nasty e-mails about spelling Harris's last name wrong, don't waste your time because you are all blocked! Razz

Smokin'

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Silverback,

April 16, 2007, 02:33 PM
ocdlotr
Thanks NSU...it's an interesting concept...Open That Box Day...

...just opening packs for most of us collecting junkies is a thrill no matter what day it is...you've got some spare $$$, you see the box of your dreams...and now, you're an adult and you can just buy that box for absolutely no reason...it's not your birthday, it's not a graduation present, it's not Christmas, Hannakuh, Kwanza, (insert gift giving/receiving holiday of your choice! Wink)...it's Open That Box Day...

What's most fun is actually WAITING for OTBD to finally get here...I know this was my second year participating...and both years I prematurely opened the original boxes I had intended to actually open for OTBD...both years I had to go out and buy additional boxes to participate...and it's kind of like waiting for Santa Claus to finally make it to YOUR house...each year I waited 'til the stroke of midnight...and then tore into those possble hidden treasues with anticipation, glee and reckless abandon...

It's always great to complete a collection from buys at Card Shows, Ebay or simple trades...but pulling a rare insert...or 'just the card you were looking for'...or something completely unexpected...that's the 'nirvana' of opening packs...the good, the bad, and the ugly...it's the rush of the excitement of the POSSIBILITIES...and usually, you're relatively disappointed that YOU didn't pull THE card of your dreams...but you sure having fun joining in on the pack opening action...

So...Thanks for creating the opportunity (like us card collecting maniacs need another excuse)...it was another exciting and interesting OTBD...and...I enjoyed reading about everyone's pulls...

...and remember...you gotta be in it, to win it! Thumb Up

April 28, 2007, 02:12 PM
EriktheArchitect
Thanks Harris, Got my card today. Have to start searching for a box for next year!

April 28, 2007, 04:24 PM
Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
Got my card today, amidst all the bills. Thanks NSU & Breygent! Dance Elephant

April 28, 2007, 11:27 PM
goldenavenger
I rec'd the promo card today!!! Thanks Breygent and Harris! Thumb Up

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744
April 29, 2007, 04:12 AM
Darth Vader Fan
Also received my promo card today in the mail.

Thank you to Harris and NSU crew, as well Breygent Thumb Up
April 29, 2007, 11:17 AM
CordeliaChase_Fan
Got mine in the mail yesterday- it is a nice card and thanks to everyone at NSU and Breygent for it. Smile

Val

April 30, 2007, 11:36 AM
tsmeltzer
Got mine at some point while I was in Seattle...

Thanks to the kind folks at NSU and Breygent for the kind gesture and thanks to NSU for sponsoring this fun event. Metal

alternate email:
tim dot smeltzer at excite.com
April 30, 2007, 12:33 PM
steve j
Arrived over the pond, in the UK. Thanks to NSU and Breygent for making a great day even better.

Thumb Up
April 30, 2007, 01:48 PM
QBall
Mine arrived this morning - many thanks to all involved.
April 30, 2007, 02:48 PM
Thush
Got my card today too. Many thanks to all at NSU and Breygent!
April 30, 2007, 03:18 PM
Scorpiovamp
Thanks Breygent and NSU. Got my card today. Love it, I have always like the movie Citizen Kane.